Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have had a problem with the front five pin input I have wired it and it is feeding back so I need to check the wires are in the correct place I have a 1500 se 1991

I am sureIhave seen a picture on this web site of it.any help thanks

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Is this it?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes thats it but I need the wiring colours

White Black Red Yellow Thick black which must be earth

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, try this.

Naw, this won't work for ya either. let me look some more.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Maybe these 2 together will help you figure it out. These are from a 94 service manual.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I remember I saw a chart on here a couple of years ago. That showed the connector plug and listed a \ll the wire colors and what that were for. I did a search and so far have not came up with it. I too am needing the wire code. I am adding a plug to my Kawasaki for the stereo.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

PaulJay,

I recently had to splice a GL1500 intercom headset pigtail assembly into the system on my GL1200. (That was the easiest way to fix it since the GL1200s are hard wired with no removable 5-pin DIN connector pigtail.)

So, I know the wire colors. Here they are:

PIN/FUNCTION - - - - - -- GL1200 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -GL1500
1-mic input - - - - - - - - - -yellow wire - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - white wire
2-mic grnd - - - - - - - - - - yellow wire grnd shield - - - - - - - dull black wire
3-headset grnd - - - - - - - white & red wire grnd shields - - - glossy black wire
4-headset right - - - - - - - red wire - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -yellow wire
5-headset left - - - - - - - -white wire - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -red wire

I included the wire colors for the GL1200 as well, just in case someone else needs to do what I did to fix mine.

If you're going to splice a GL1500 pigtail into your GL1200 system here's an important note: After doing a pin-out with an Ohm meter to see which pins/wires on the old connector matched which pins/wires on the new connector, there was only one point of confusion. The old GL1200 connector had 6 wires whereas the GL1500 part had only 5 wires. On the GL1200, there are separate braided ground wires over BOTH the left and right headset speaker wires. On the GL1500, those two grounds are on the same wire. So, all that was needed was to twist both of the GL1200 speaker ground wires together and connect them to the single wire for the speaker grounds on the GL1500 pigtail. All other wires served the same function on both DIN connectors. However, the wires were NOT the same colors. Refer to my wire color table above. If you do this on your GL1200, you’ve got to cover each of the five soldered splices with heat shrink tubing to keep them from shorting out on one another! Particularly important is the yellow ground wire braided shield. It MUST be kept isolated from the two other ground wire shields. Put heat shrink tubing on all of the splices and make sure they don’t touch. Then wrap all five spliced wires in electrical tape to waterproof it.

The replacement part for the GL1500 is about a 9-inch long pigtail with the 5-pin DIN headset connector at one end and a rectangular 6-pin connector at the other end (of which only 5 pins are actually used). The part is Honda code 3112927 – “Lead, Headset Junction”. My dealer’s SKU was 39245-MT2-010. The part was $20.83.

Hope that helps.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Thatlast post looks like a candidate for the reference forum!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

To add to this with a question. I called J&M and they would not give me the answer, just buy a new headset.

What is the wiring code for their lower cord. Colors are:

Grey

Orange

White w/outter wrap wire

Black

Red

Yellow

Blue

I am working on a full face system and need to know wire color to go to left speaker, right speaker, and mic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.