Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone had a problem with severe static in their intercoms? This is an intermittant problem that comes and goes at will. The bike is a 2000 SE with factory radio, CB and intercom system. I have checked all the connections, wiring and componets that I can find. I have talked to Sierra Electronics to see if they could shed some light on the subject. The only way you can get rid of it when it starts is to turn off both the CB and the intercom. If you turn off just one it won't go away. It is not controllable with either the squelch or the volume controls. The noise intensity ranges from a moderate background noise to a loud crackling noise. Please HELP. This is making me consider selling this bike.:( Thanks, 51baby

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi 51baby welcome to the forum have you chequed or replaced the noise supressor on the back of the alternator may be just a bad conection on it also there is agroundwire conected under the radio that may have been left disconected when the air filter was replaced

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you for the quick reply. I have checked the radio ground and connections (I removed the radio to physically check pins etc). I have not checked the alternator, but will as soon as the temp rises above freezing. This cold weather is hard to work in.
Thanks again, 51baby

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do! :cooldevil:

I'm sure someone will come along soon who has seen and fixed this problem on a 1500. ;)

Again, Welcome Aboard! :action:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I appreciate your response. I hope I can contribute to the forum as well as reaping some benefits from the members.
51baby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.