Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need some good advice on what kind of rider/passenger helmet intercom system to use on my 81 Wing. No electronics are installed on this bike, need something that works good at highway speeds, but that I can afford. Any "expert" advice?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Hello Tinmanand welcome to the message board. Does your bike definitely not have the intercom plug-in leads?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

As far as I know there are no electronics of any kind on the bike. It is a 81 Intersate I bought about 2 months ago. Have been researching all the intercom possibilites out there (Nady, autocom, motorcom, etc) and the opinions vary widely on all makes. I'm sure that like most things you get what you pay for, but I'd like to hear from some of you who have some experience in this stuff. I really like the info on this forum, very useful.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

I have the Autocom Active 7 for my old BMW R80. Works very well and you can plug your phone, gps etc in. The phone works very well with this. Not cheap at £130 UK, it might be cheaper in the USA but I'm not sure.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Tinman :waving:A big Irish Welcome tothe man from Oklahoma City, :clapper:to the Best Goldwing Forum on the net. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks much, looking forward to some good tips for a new Wing rider.

Tinman

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Tony96 :leprechaun: Congrats on your promotion to "Guru" :clapper: Now your on a different level to us ordinary members. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

I used the Chatterbox that I bought through http://www.ridegear.com for intercom/tunage. It was a decent price and was rechargeable. I used it 3-4 hours each day and the charged lasted 3-4 days but it recharged overnight.

I had an '83 Wing that had the AM/FM/Cassette and then a walkman-type AM/FM/CD that plugged into the cassette AND the Chatterbox. I found myself using the walkman mostly because it was easier to reach. The Chatterbox would work either as intercom or music which was ok, I wore the control box clipped to my belt and either of us could reach it.

The Chatterbox also had a port for cell-phone hook up. With the helmet kits there are two speakers and a mike for each. Depending on who I was riding with we might spend all our time talking or maybe listening to Showtunes Saturday Night with my bride.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey Tony96 :leprechaun: Congrats on your promotion to "Guru" :clapper: Now your on a different level to us ordinary members. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:
You're anything bot ordinary.

Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Chatterbox are reasonably priced and work as well as the Autocoms, I've an old set still going well.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
imported post

I got a good head set for the Uk and its crystel clear and takes in Mobile phone. Music, Gps etc. Cost for me was about 180 Strl.

Here's a link for there Web site www.starcom1.com

Regards

Swaggerman:blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

Does anyone have the Starcom1 goldwing interface working with a cellphone on a gl1500?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
imported post

I have used Motocom and love it, it is inexpensive and you can buy parts without paying an arm and legg... I just got a 1500 and going to upgrade to the bike com - I am selling my 1.5 year old set in perfect condition, PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

Thanks, but I already have Starcom1 goldwing enhanced, just having problems trying to get it to work properly, and a little difficulty in getting responses from Starcom tech support.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Wife and I have been using our Scala-Rider Teamset for a couple years now.They will Bluetooth to your cell. The newer one apparently now BT to both units now, the one I have will only do one. Anyways, I like the fact it increases the volume as you ride. Recharges in a few hours and seems to last forever on one charge. Wife and I have used it many times on our 400-500 mile day trips.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

okay, got the starcom1 working on the gl1500, little duct tape, little haywire, works great with the cellphone, but I promise, I will only answer and request a callback at the next stopping point!

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

I would like to have a cable for compatablity between StarCom1 headsets and Goldwing headsets, like the GH-000 cable

I have two different bikes and want to move between two communication systems, and use the same headset (I prefer the goldwing headset as that is the one I have)

I believe the mics on the StarCom1 headsets are electric and the Goldwing/Harley microphones are dynamic.

Did you have any luck with getting the mic to work?

Anyone have any thoughts ?

I thought of using the StarCom1 HONDA GOLDWING – Enhancement System as a stand alone system, one issue is the volume control , Or using StarCom1 Advance on the Goldwing, and be able to continue to use the existing goldwing features like the handle bar controls for volume and FM radio station changing and Mute button?

Does anyone know if there are other issues?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Apparently the AutoCom is no longer imported to the states- it is made in GB I think.

I sent Santa my Christmas list already and at the top is the Sena SMH10. From what I have read it looks like a good choice for what I want.

http://www.radiorider.com has the SMH10 for a great price although I have personally never done business with them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.