Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I love the intercomm on my 06 would like to know if there is anything available for adding the cell phone to the system?

I know most people proberly dont want to take calls while riding but sometimes I need to.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Howdy Greg & welcome to the World's best GoldWing forum!

I like the J&M integration unit myself. There are at least a couple of other options, a Kennedy Electronics unit for one, and can't remember the other one off hand. Here's links to the J&M stuff.
Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Detector Integration Terminal for Honda® GL-1800
& to add Blue Tooth integration add this unit to the above integration unit.
Bluetooth® Cell Phone Adapter for J&M CFRG Modules

One caution with this unit, don't leave the Bluetooth adapter where water/rain can get directly into the switches. It is not waterproof. I either put mine in my fairing pocket cover pocket, or turn it upside down.

John

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you John for the links.
The only downside to riding the wing was missing calls that should fix me up. thanks again and safe riding

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Is there anything similar that would work to connect a Bluetooth phone to a Clarion II? I have an 81 GL1100 but am installing an 82 Clarion II with CB, Cassette and Intercom during the rebuild. Being able to use my iPhone also would be great.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

rb7632 wrote:
Is there anything similar that would work to connect a Bluetooth phone to a Clarion II? I have an 81 GL1100 but am installing an 82 Clarion II with CB, Cassette and Intercom during the rebuild. Being able to use my iPhone also would be great.
Yes. I see no reason the Universal unit they have for the 1500 wouldn't work. The only place it plugs into the 1500 system is between the rider headset cable and the rider headset. The owner of J&M told me they are discontinuing it in I think March of 2009 though, so if you want it, get it soon. Here's the part #.

CFRG-390C - Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Integration kit 5-pin Universal

I got mine for $270 from Cyclemax. They don't show them on their site but they can order them.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Good news. I talked with the owner of J&M again and he has decided not to discontinue the CFRG-390C - Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Integration kit 5-pin Universal in 2009.

He also agreed that it should work fine on a GL1200 system, and therefore it should work on the 5-pin system of an 1100 as well and probably any 5-pin system.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.