Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Told you I'd need your help

I'm a litle bit confused about buying heasdets for the intercom system fitted to my bike. I'd like to buy some headsets so I can listen to my dear wife tell me to slow down :(. I've seen quite a few second-hand units (yeah, I know, but I'm a Scot after all)for sale but they all state different bike models, GL1500, GL1800 etc.They all appear to have 5 pin plugs as does my bike. Will they all function on the different models so long as they have this 5 pin connector. :baffled:

Adios for now and thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I know the 1100, 1200, 1500 and early 1800's were all the same pinout. My set from my 1200 worked fine on my 1500. I recall reading somewhere that the new 08 1800's were different, however, I can't say for sure. If it says it fits 1100, 1200, or 1500 then you are OK.:waving:

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Most of the intercom makers that I know of (AirRider, J&M, Edsets, etc.)have a 2 piececord set upto connect the headset to the bike's system. A lower cord seperates from the helmet set and can bepurchased for different pin configurations. For the Air Rider intercoms we have, newlower cords run $39.00USD not including shipping.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the info.

My old man tells me he's found someone back home that has a couple of headsets for sale.He has a GL1000, 1979, that he's just finished restoring so he might want these for himself. Since the winter is settling inI guess I'll have a few months to getanything I need.

:snowman:

Adios

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.