Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am thingkin about getting a intercom system for my 84 interstate. There is not an OEM one on this bike, and would like something that I can talk with other riders ans well as my passenger, better known as my wife. What are the opinions of what is out there and what is best.

Thanks Ritchie:baffled:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Intercom systems for talking to passenger are many.

If you want to speak to other bikes, THEY have to get a compatible system, which is the tricky part. BIG $

Stay away from those dodads that use batteries, try J&M for an onboard system between riders.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Get the J&M handle bar mount CB system. It has the intercom option for driver/passanger, and you have the CB for bike to bike communication.....if the other bikes have CB set ups

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Red and I had an 81 Interstate once, lovely bike but no commo..... all we wanted to do at first was just to talk to each other without banging ourhelmets together!

We found a crazy little set of speaking tubes called the Backchat....Brit made, I think. Cheap and worked like crazy..... As I said, it was built on speaking tube technology, no batteries, no electronics at all, just a bunch of plastic tubes running from my mouth to her ears, and another from her mouth to my ears! Could hear each other perfectly, even at speed and in heavy traffic. Kind of pain in the butt to get into, but once hooked up, we were good! Used it for a long time, still got it somewhere......

Google up BackChat and see if they are still around.... if not, you could improvise one... Red and I did it once when our headsets went out on a trip..... Not exactly rocket science.... could get by with just two flexible tubes, one stuck in your ear and run under her helmet near her mouth, and one stuck in her ear and run under your helmet to your mouth!

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Red and I had an 81 Interstate once, lovely bike but no commo..... all we wanted to do at first was just to talk to each other without banging ourhelmets together!

We found a crazy little set of speaking tubes called the Backchat....Brit made, I think. Cheap and worked like crazy..... As I said, it was built on speaking tube technology, no batteries, no electronics at all, just a bunch of plastic tubes running from my mouth to her ears, and another from her mouth to my ears! Could hear each other perfectly, even at speed and in heavy traffic. Kind of pain in the butt to get into, but once hooked up, we were good! Used it for a long time, still got it somewhere......

Google up BackChat and see if they are still around.... if not, you could improvise one... Red and I did it once when our headsets went out on a trip..... Not exactly rocket science.... could get by with just two flexible tubes, one stuck in your ear and run under her helmet near her mouth, and one stuck in her ear and run under your helmet to your mouth!
CJ must have hit his head harder than he thought. Don't forget to wrap head in tin foil to reduce static. :cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Reminds me of 2 soup cans and a string:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

I just got a awsome system from one of our members and I just love it , it is a Motocomm. For under $200.00 you get diver to passenger intercom, cell phone hook up, GPS, MP3, fm radio, and CB hook up with PTT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.