Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

on my wifes helmet, the j&m cords do not last very long. is there a brand that is better quality? thanks in advance for any suggestions

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

My wife and I have been using Chaterbox since 2006, no problems so far. Mel

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I don't think any other cords will fit the J&M headsets, you would need to buy whole new headsets. The cords on Edsets are better made IMHO.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

J&M has 3 cords. Worse to best. PAL, P, Z. To upgrade the cords will take two each. The upper that attaches to the helmet and the lower to the bike.

J&M also has told me that they had a bad batch of the PAL cords this summer.

John

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
imported post

Finally wrote:

J&M also has told me that they had a bad batch of the PAL cords this summer.

John

Wow, if that is the case you would think they would recall them or at the very least replace them if you complain to them, huh. Maybe they will.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

I have a new set of J&M headsets and cords with problems with the right earphone in both of them. Could it be because of the cords? And how do I tell which cord I have?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

The grey wire id tags have JJ on them.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

mics going in and out and losing a speaker are very common when the cords go bad. J&M does have a 2 year warranty. I am not sure how to tell all of the apart as I have the PAL and now the Z.

To upgrade to the Z is going to cost me $108 (2 headsets) and that is with the credit for the full cost of the PAL cords.

John

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

Gido, the JJ cords have a tendency to be loose at the helmet connection and you can pull the strap beyond the two holes to tighten the connection. Also the ground wire for the mic, at the connector, goes bad quite often. The cords have a minimum of a 2 year warranty and replacement cost is $20.

The ZZ cord set should be around $85 for both upper and lower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.