Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a $50.00 Walmart Everstart battery for my 85 Aspencade and was reading the manual and on the last page at the bottom it says GS battery USA inc, subssidiary of GS Yuasa international limited.

I read and was told these Wally batteriesare made by Johnson Controls ?

I'm a bit confused but have the battery none the less just passing this along for anyone who needs a battery, I know alot of folks like the Yuasa batteries.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I'm guessing that they had a better price then Johnson controls.,,

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

There is a Johnson Controls battery factory in my town. It makes batteries for many name brand labels. Kinda makes me feel better about buying one.

John

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

While I have WestCo batteries in all my other bikes, I put a Wallymart battery in my Goldwing, so I can keep an eye on the electrolyte level, since the charging system. Johnson controls makes A/C parts, and I am not very impressed with them, but then I am not very impressed with any brand really. They all have a cheap and cheesy feel to them. Honeywell is about the same, White Rodgers is junk.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

when you buy batt's you get what you pay for,,
Walmart generally tells its supplier what they will pay for their product,, that info came to me from a former supplier of wally world.
my next battery will not be the cheapest battery i can find,, gel batt''

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I have high dollar AGM batteries in all my other bikes> but the Goldwing has a known charging system issue, which I have not been able to track down yet. So not only did I not want to ruin an expensive battery, but I wanted one I could see the water level in, and add water if necessary, in case it is overcharging. I agree, If you have a healthy charging system, get a good battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.