1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I no longer care that much about how helmets look as long as they are quiet. I wonder how well that thing seals out wind noise.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

The black one looks like some kind of bug

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,675 Posts
imported post

AndyB wrote:
I no longer care that much about how helmets look as long as they are quiet. I wonder how well that thing seals out wind noise.
That is my only concern also. White is a good color, no decals, just white.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Wonder if it's like Arai, and they suck $35 out of your wallet for a replacement shield.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

I had one of these Porsche Design helmets at one time, my wife got it for me before we were married. It was leather lined and had a little seatbelt type chin strap on it. The visor went up inside the helmet and had a golden outer layer on the shield for sunlight anti-glare protection a bit like a spaceman's helmet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Wonder if it's like Arai, and they suck $35 out of your wallet for a replacement shield.
Arai sucks $75.00 out of your wallet now for shields...:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

I can see that thing flying apart in an accident.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Wingle wrote:
I had one of these Porsche Design helmets at one time, my wife got it for me before we were married. It was leather lined and had a little seatbelt type chin strap on it. The visor went up inside the helmet and had a golden outer layer on the shield for sunlight anti-glare protection a bit like a spaceman's helmet.
I remember these helmets, they were way ahead of there time, and as I remember the price was crazy too. You can spend as much as you want on a helmet now. I think as much as $5k now.

My wife just bought a helmet that has a slide down inner visor, much like a fighter pilot helmet, she loves it, and no longer has to deal with squeezing in her sunglasses

into the full face helmet.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

That would go well with the headlights on the 1800!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

My only problem with it is.....Out in some parts of Texas some yahoo might think you were ET and shoot you.....:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:.....

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

clpete wrote:
Reminds of a Star Wars Storm Trooper.
My thoughts exactly...'Obi-Won'.....however, competatively priced for the features offered.

Just like anything new these days...they try to make things more attractive & appealing to the public, however, any parts or accessories will be costly. :(

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

What's the safety rating? Is it the European standard?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I like that Jiano....

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider said:
"My wife just bought a helmet that has a slide down inner visor, much like a fighter pilot helmet, she loves it, and no longer has to deal with squeezing in her sunglasses into the full face helmet."

I've got one of these Zox Genesis seen here. It is really comfortable and it has the inner visor which is great in bright sunlight. I tend to ride it with the chin piece up at times in city riding. The only thing I don't like is the silly vent at the very back which sticks out.

http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36228

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.