2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I don't want one but I would like to ride one just once!!!! :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

I agree...not an every day tourer...but boy would it be fun to take for a "blast" around town.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I WOULD have to have one to add to by bike collection just as soon as I win the Lottery and then I will let all of you ride it !!!!! :dude:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,898 Posts
imported post

Yeah I'd like to ride one once just to know what it was like. But I will never be able to get the image of every guy I have seen on one going down the interstate. The bike is friggin HUGE, and the rider always looks like a terrified chimpanzee trying really hard to hang on to a charging demented rabid hippo. The only thing missing as a pinapple beanie!

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I really, really like the one that Honest Charlie sells that has a old Ford flathead motor. It is one real cool bike!!!! :coollep:

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
imported post

work a part-time job at a convenience store and had one of these pull in one night to fuel up. Driver was kind of surprised that I knew what it was he had. Great looking and sounding bike. He was pretty laid back about it; didn't do anything stupid pulling back out into traffic or show off, but didn't really have to I guess.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

...........but I would like to ride one just once!!!! :cooldevil:

or twice.......

Kinda like the crotch rockets, not that I want to own one or ride one daily.

Every so often though, a man gets an itch!!!!! :baffled:

Flashbacks, if you will. :cheeky1: :dude::?:goofygrin::stumped:

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
work a part-time job at a convenience store and had one of these pull in one night to fuel up. Driver was kind of surprised that I knew what it was he had. Great looking and sounding bike. He was pretty laid back about it; didn't do anything stupid pulling back out into traffic or show off, but didn't really have to I guess.

Ruaidh
It s hard to beat the sound of a Ford flathead motor !!!!!! Nothing else sounds like it !!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I have to admit that I don't think much of the old flathead V8s. Valve adjustment was something to be seen to believe, the stupid heads would corrode around the head studs and you darn near needed dynamite to get them off. The tendency to crack around the exhaust ports wasn't all that cool either. Then in the cars with the split cooling system, two water pumps located on opposite sides of the block doubling as motor mounts, what fun. Nah I don't remember them too favorably. On the other hand the Chevy 216 6 cylinder was so bad that the Ford almost seemed good. Now the Chrysler flathead 6, that was a pretty bullet proof little engine.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
imported post

I loved that little slant-6 that Chrysler used. Great engine that almost wouldn't die.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep the Slant 6 was a good little mill. When I was in the FAA at Kotzebue, AK we had two Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4s both powered with a Slant 6. The only problem with them was at -40F or colder the long intake manfold cooled the mixture so much they would hardly run. We rigged up a copper tube wound around the intakes and insulated it with fiberglass wool and that did the trick pretty well as long as you started out from a heated building. Since we didn't have any paved roads the sixes worked just fine in those trucks, no place to go over 40mph.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

:coollep:There is a fellow here that tools around on his, he's an older lookin guy and he just tools around town and the local byways with it. Have never seen him open it up, not even once!! talk about being disciplined. would like to take one for a ride.:cooldevil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.