Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone had an intermittent speaker problem or can possibly offer advise on where to look? The left speakers on my 93 SEmightwork on an occasion when I hit a bump in the road. I initially thought it might be stereo reception, but have been able to verify front and rear speakers on the left side, are intermittent.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
62,895 Posts
imported post

I had a dead speaker on the left rear when I bought my 1500 and it turned out to be a pinched wire under the back end of the seat near the trunk.. It didn't effect the front speaker though.. Yours sounds like a lose ground or connection.. I don't think the front and back use the same wires if this is any help...........

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi kevin if your loseing soundon one side front and back you have a bad connection comeing out of the stereo if you sit on the bike and put your two hands under the neck of the stereo houseing just were you can feel the connections going into the radio and give it a good pull should fix the prob these connectors have a habit of comeing lose because you normaly remove them to get at the air filter

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Could also be a defective fader control.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Foodman,

I agree... itacts like a loose connection. Where to start is the tricky part.

Thanks Agnogel,

That may well be the source. I will check it out. At least now Ihave somewhere to start looking. I have not yetpurchased a manual, and do not know that a manual would tell me about real world "cause and effect" you suggested.

Hey Rudy,

I am not aware of a fader control. Would it be other than the factory radio controls? I have looked around for another knob somewhere, but no luck. I got this bike in Aug after totaling my 86 1200. It is still somewhat new to me. I have seen a picture ofthe Honda fader control, but do not have one on my rig. The rear speakers are not as loud as the front. That I am sure of...

Kevin

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

There are 3 connectors under the left faux tank panel between the reverse lever and the CB front panel.
One goes to the amp, one goes to the front speakers and one goes to the rear speakers. Tying all of that together is either the wiring for the fader (which you can follow) or some type of y adapter.
That is where I would go next if the seating of the cables at the rear of the radio don't bring happiness.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hey! Thanks for the tip! I hope you did not just run out and disassemble your bike for this picture! I do appreciate your help. Is it possible the rear simply does not have a fader?I recognize this would place a heavier load on the amp, but I have not seen a fadercontrol unless it is somewhereunder the tupperware?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Follow the wires, grasshopper... follow the wires.

Hopefully somebody didn't overload the amp with two sets of speakers in parallel. If so maybe the amp is cutting out from the load.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thank you teacher..... !

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Kev wrote:
Thank you teacher..... !
I'm just filling it for teacher until he gets back on his feet. :coollep:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

kevin has your bike got this fitted just below the ignation if so the fader may be installed in it but the nob is missing happend when i got my bike

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

No, that housing is flat on my bike. I have seen pictures of that fader control, and even seen a couple on E Bay, but do not have one on my rig.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Kev wrote:
Thank you teacher..... !
I'm just filling it for teacher until he gets back on his feet. :coollep:
Yea, I wonder how he is getting alongsince his surgery.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

OH! Wow I had no idea! I appreciate knowing that! :cool:

Thanks....

Kevin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.