Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm in the process of purchasing a '97 1500 which I'm flying down to Georgia to ride home on in a few weeks. The current owner tells me that the clock has, on several occasions, faded out and showed no time at all. After a short period of time, ranging from a few minutes to 1/2 hour, it comes back. The time remains correct and requires no adjusting. Have any other 1500 owners experienced this phenomenon or know what might be causing this?

And, I know, Akuna Ma Tata. Who cares what time it is when you're on a Wing.:action:
It's just that when Mama says "Be home in 2 days for dinner at 6:00.... " I pay attention. Gotta know your limits.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I agree... LCD issue... temperature and moisture (through a seal or crack).. I am sure they are still available, but it would be strickly an OEM supply.. and probably more than you would guess..

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Can't even find it on the OEM list:
Item 15.. LCD Panel.. $401 (Edit: ya beat me..)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

May as well buy a Rolex. Can carry that with me. Would a crack have any migration issues to other systems or is it a stand alone thing? Looks like the Fuel & temp gauge are part of that package (#24).

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
May as well buy a Rolex. Can carry that with me. Would a crack have any migration issues to other systems or is it a stand alone thing? Looks like the Fuel & temp gauge are part of that package (#24).
That would depend on where the crack was on the printed circuit board.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Personally, I'd be suspect of a bad wire/connection, since it is "intermitant". jimsjinx

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Wayne, was it limited to the clock, or does that circuit board have other components linked to it that may be affected? I can live without a clock. Just use my new Rolex :).

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

The clock on my 97 is doing the same thing. Especially during these warm and humid days. Seems to work OK during the dryer months. Maybe that drier Winnipeg air will cure it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.