Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Back again! Have a gas drip from the bottom of the accel pump housing...it's not there when driving, but appears overnight. I first thought it was the fuel line, so changed that & clamp...leak seemed to vanish for a day. Back the next morning. I's not leaving much more than a few drips overnight, and nada when on the road. (lousy pic attached)

Am I right thinking accelerator pump or pump o-ring leak?

Thanks in advance...Dave

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Sorry .... not familiar with the 1100s but thought I wouds BUMP this in hopes of getting your question answered shortly by a 1100-1200 Guru. Have you done any recent carb work that might have brought this on?

Dusty

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

nope...replaced water pump, changed clutch, oil & filter 3 times in 300 km's (thanks water pump & clutch...but no carb stuff! (yet :) )

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

Sure could be the pump, there is the diaphragm and a small o-ring between the pump housing and the carb body.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks David, can't hurt to replace sometime soon I guess :)

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

On a hunch, put a board under the sidestand last night. No drip this AM...the bike does have a bit of a lean courtesy of the driveway's layout.

I do turn off the petcock at night.

Interesting, huh?

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

My gl1100 developed a leak and it looks to be in the same place...I thought it was the choke butterfly..but haven't looked all that close yet...turning the fuel off and relieving the pressure in the tank stopped the leak.
Now I'm making a loose assumption that I will have to pull the carbs and do a rebuild.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.