Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all. Every once in a while the lever for the left frt. brake pulls hard. I seem to notice it more in parking lots for some reason. The calipers have been rebuilt. I'm leaning towards the brake hose or the master cyl. itself. Any thoughts?:?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

two things I would check is the rotor may be warped or have high spot on it, or you may have a leaking piston allowing brake fluid on the left disc making it grabby.,,,

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

There is no leak. The brakes work fine. It just the lever is hard to pull. I can even get it to do it sitting in the garage and not moving. If I pull the lever repeatedly it will start to get hard to pull and there will almost be a rubbing sound coming from the master cly.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it is time for a M/C rebuild.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi wing ding if you keep pulling the brake leaver you are pumping the system and the brake will feel hard as you are taking up any slack on the pistons so i would rate it as normal if you do the same with the foot brake you will get the same affect as you notice it in the parking lot more i take it you are only using the hand leaver so pull pull ect it gets stiff again

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

This past Saturday I was pulling into a parking lot and when I went to stop the lever pulled real hard. This was after not needing the brakes for about 5 min. This does not feel like normal brakes pumping up either. It feels m ore like something binding up.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

Yeah it's probably time to rebuild th emaster sylinder. The piston inside the MC is probably binding on some corosion.

·
Ole Guy
171 Posts
imported post

When the external visual inspections reveals nothing, it is time to disassemble and inspect. My opinion is the brakes must be working flawlessly. Take it apart and find out whats mucked up. Down in Acapulco, Mexico my 1978 GL110 rear brake failed to work. I found the police's departments mechanic, scary guy, who said he could fix it cheap, but that was alot of money. He disassembled it outside his shop in the sand. With a bottle of alcohol he clean all the gunk and reassemble with no parts needed. (You might not need any parts either). Each time he dropped a part in the sand he just poured alcohole on it. The brakes work perfectly. Best sand job I ever got. My brother had broken his wrist days before an could not drive, so we sold both machines there and flew home -- that's another story.

Ole Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.