Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Wrecker
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi members is there anyone whocan put me in touch with a Canadian website that supplies parts for Goldwings, the only ones I've come across are in America and the goods get heldup at customs plus we have to pay tax again.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Hey from up the valley chris, it depends on what you are looking for, there is not a lot of Canadian choices. I typically order from the US & refuse to use UPS. Never any trouble with USPS. :waving:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I bought some stuff from that guy in Calgary this summer while visiting the grand kids. ...great place, had all I needed and stuff I didn't. Great little shop on 17 ave.. I'll buy from him again

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

I have been buying from Goldwing Chrome Toys for years as well as others. If they don't ship USPS, I don't use them. One thing you'll find is that by buying here you are still paying for brokerage fees & taxes. I also deal exclusively with PayPal. Baby has cost me in over 3g's of accesories and parts not including the trike conversion.:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Sorry iI am refering to this co. http://goldwingchrome.com/Home.asp

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Hey Big Chris,

I live just outside Toronto, and what i've done in the past, and will continue to do is buy stuff from US online retailers and have it shipped to Niagara Falls NY to a place called USAddress.

Since you're not terribly far from the US border, try and locate a place on the US side in NY state that will receive packages from UPS, FedEx, etc and have them receive it on your behalf, then just drive over and clear it through customs yourself. I do believe the UPS Store's do this as well.

Most places charge a small fee per package, but its well worth it not dealing with brokerage charges, inflated shipping charges to Canada. AND sometimes you'll get a really nice Canada Customs agent who'll just let you go without paying PST & GST.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

I agree with 96aspencade.

If ordering from the United States just make sure they don't ship U.P.S. because they are their own broker so every item goes into customs.

I've never had an issue when using the U.S. postal service (no joke).

The place is Calgary seems very expensive compared to the prices at Cyclemax for example.

Utopia backrest at Cyclemax is $169. From the Calgary outfit it's $299. Big difference.

Just my opinion of course. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I order most of my stuff from www.cyclemaxohio.com. They ship USPS and do lots of business with Canadian clientelle. You don't pay state taxes on mail order stuff and you are going to pay the taxes either way.

And absolutely avoid UPS and their huge Brokerage Fees.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Do you think anyone from UPS might read this thread & get the hint or I guess we small guys don't count. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I don't recall the exact numbers but I started refusing to ship with UPS when they soaked me $25+in brokerage fees for a part that cost about $18 with shipping. In all fairness - that was about three years ago. Maybe they've changed but I'm not going to be the guinea pig to find out.

Best method I've found is USPS (which comes in through Canada Post).

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

miles.from.nowhere wrote:
I don't recall the exact numbers but I started refusing to ship with UPS when they soaked me $25+in brokerage fees for a part that cost about $18 with shipping. In all fairness - that was about three years ago. Maybe they've changed but I'm not going to be the guinea pig to find out.

Best method I've found is USPS (which comes in through Canada Post).
believe me, UPS has not changed a bit. Every single shipment goes into customs and we pay.

USPS is the only way it seems.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

I quit using UPS for shipping period after I got soaked $60 just to ship a m/c seat.

It's FEDEX now or USPS for me.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

They have not changed, they charged me $23.00 on a $27.00 order this year, a couple of years ago I found they had made a mistake (?) & over charged me. When i asked about it they acknowledged their mistake, asked me to resend my psperwork & CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE FOR THEIR EXTRA TIME & TROUBLE !!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.