Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 16 months my 1993 is finally on the road. Many Thanks to DaveO430 who saved my butt & put the jigsaw puzzle back together & WoodButcher who did the paint work. I have a few more things to add, some polishing & some glitches to work out but it rides nice! BTW, it started life as an Interstate & is not for all intents & purposes a SE.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100767...hkey=Gv1sRgCOinqvf6vLX7Ng#5843098554029721090

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Congradts Andy!
I was just wondering how it was coming this morning looking at your post on the motads.
I may have to swing by if the weather is co operating when I ride to eastern TN in the next few weeks. Or I may have to run the south route?

·
Administrator
27,903 Posts
So, did you take her for a spin today? Wondering if the cruise does work.
Was quite the project putting reverse and cruise on an interstate.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, I'll send you a PM on what I found on my ride

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Newday, the weather is day to day. When is your trip, would be great to have a M&G.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Not sure yet on the timing and yes I know about the weather day to day thing, have all the weather sites on my phone to watch as I stop and check the radar and local forecasts. I grew up in NH and here in SoCal it changes in the winter too, 80-85 last week and 56 for a high today, last night the forecast was snow down to 2000' in the hills here, but wasn't like the hammer Nor'easter today back home of 2' +.
I rode back here from a 3 1/2 month trip x-country 8/12/11-12/1/11 and had 2' of snow in NH 10/30/11(historic storm), lots of 30-35 deg days riding back but had a blast riding W VA and eastern TN and in to NC & SC mountains before blasting the slab to get to Vegas in time for Thanksgiving with the kids and g-kids.
I should be hearing in the next few days of a schedule, might be a couple weeks before I get your way if the WX is good or may have to run the coast, blah. If good I may try the 40 to see a few friends along the way.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
40 is the fastest but the most boring. Were it me I'd do backroads to the NM border then skin it back to cover the flatlands of TX & OK. If the weather is good I cann get DaveO430 to show you some roads that are killer! You don't have to twist his arm hardly at all to get him to go for a ride!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have seen some of Dave's videos and they do look like some great roads. I was up in Bolivar MO @ 2 years ago putting in a sound system in a 3,500 seat theater and met Bill, Da Bull and a few of his buddies from Springfield while there (but I couldn't squeeze my bike in the toy hauler as we had a bunch of flying clouds and other gear plus tools to bring for the job). They mentioned the riding down through there is great and Chromo was out hear last spring when he picked up his 95 up north.
Yes the back roads of NM are on my tado list, again WX will be kept in close watch.
Are you still on the road during the week? I will try to swing through on the weekend if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, leave out Sunday morning & get back either late Thursday or sometime Friday

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Has it really been that long since you got it? Man time flies and that thing is a beauty! nice work all around guys!

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah it has. It sat on my lift table over a year! Working 6 days a week just didn't leave time to do a project like that. Was sure glad I had someone with Dave's expertise to fall back on!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,632 Posts
Sure looks nice Andy, and many thanks to DaveO430 for his expertise in putting the jig saw puzzle together.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
Looks great, Andy. Glad it's finally together. Now, I need to tear into mine and replace a blown fork seal and do a little general maintence. Hope you enjoy the new ride.:)
Gene:waving:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
VERY nice fellows........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.