Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all

glad I found this group because after futzing with my Yamaha Venture after 5 years of not riding I finally had the opportunity to buy a used wing. Had it a week and have only put 200 miles, its cold outside 30 to 50 degrees. Am in the true northern california, 30 miles from oregon border. Love to ride, I finally have a continuous smile. Will need help fixing up this old girl, speedometer quit after I bought it, read a few posts will try to fix, then will attempt to tackle radio & cb......

Thats enough outta me..

rubber side down

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Larry, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Hi Larry!

Welcome to the site, from the "wet" side of the hill! There are lots of members just north of you (and probably all around you) who can scrape the moss off long enough to help out, consult, or....even go for a RIDE! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

HelloLarry and welcome from Arizona.

[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from the State of Confusion........Kansas!! :waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

Howdy and Welcome from Arizona!

Glad to see you on the forum. Lots of friendly folks here to visit with and sure hope to see you come back often :)

And lots more too :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
63,017 Posts
imported post

Welcome from lower CA..
60 years ago my family had ranch up the Beswick Rd. along COPO lake.. Property went almost to the dam.......

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the East Coast.Enjoy the ride and reliability if maintained properly, which this site will help you with if needed. Same temps here by the way.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

hello and welcome from se michigan

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Hi Ya Pete

Well I parked the 1986 aspencade wing at work,(COS in Weed) in covered/heated garage, put on the trickle charger, came back yesterday to ride home from work (Weed to Yreka)around 21:30 and got 3 miles north of weed on freeway and the motor died,I thought I had hit the kill switch accidently so I flipped it up and down and the motor backfired (doing about 60 mph) and started back up, so I thought all was well. 3 more miles and the motor quitagain andthis time did not recover. So I spent about 1hour or so out in the moonlight (30degrees) waiting for my son to get his lowboy trailer to come get me. Sooooo I think I need some help trying to figure out what happen.. Just the motor died, electric lights, horn, and starter worked good.

Any Ideas..

Also their used to be really good rice burner mechanic who had a shop called "qwest" or something like that. He was in Phoenix next to D&S for a long time then moved. Have you ever heard of him??

Any help appreciated Pete

Regard

Larry

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Foodman

Nice to meet ya, that area of copco is really different country, I grew up here and I still think of it as spookie. I moved back about 20 ago and with a new wife rented the old 3J ranch homestead, Its about 8 miles or so down from the dam, just below where the small lakes and mineral spouts are next to the road. It was a test of my wife to see if she could handle this country, no power,(generator for washing machine and charging battery pack for inverter for tv) gas for lights, stove, and fridge. no phone, she loved it... I got a winner:) Plus she loves to ride (anywhere).

Regards

Larry

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.