Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello

Have anybody invention about locked centerstand ? I don´t mean set wrap tie bands.Wing would be much harder to steal or fell.:santawaving::santawaving::snowman:

Regards

Novice GoldWing driver

Jari

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

The center stand I would think would be a hard thing to lock.
If you felt really unsafe , a large chain wrapped around side stand and through the front wheel would work.
I Like the disk lock. 1 thing on the disk lock is sometimes you forget to remove it, a simple suggestion made to me by a buddy was to get a key blank and cable it to the key lock and leave the key in the ignition , this way before you are ablke to put your key in the blank will have to be removed , thus reminding you of the disk lock.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

Who steals old Goldwings ?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

My Dad had a 50 something Harley. Sitting in the garage he would have a logging chain going through the wheels on it locked to the Garage. Next to it sat his GL1800 without so much as a padlock on it. I asked him about this as in my mind the old thing was worth about 1/5th the price of his wing. His answer was replacement availabilty and what the insurance would cover. It did not make sense to me as I did not have any sentimental attachment to the Harley like he did but now I have come to understand as I build each old wing I know if something happened that I would never recoup my investment.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
imported post

kawk done one back in the 80's 1100 shaft
we had fun saying to people if you can get it off the stand you can ride it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.