Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I got an iphone, changed from an android. Smart phones ain't my thing but I can usually muddle through but can't figure out how to move photos from the phone to my computer. Wnen I connect it I get this;
iphone.jpg

Then I get this;
iphone3.jpg

Then I get this;
ihone2.jpg

There are photos in the phone, as indicated by pic #2.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
well, IMO, you did a bad thing, bought an iPhone which has very restrictive privileges.

with the Android phone, I could have talked you through moving pix from it to the Linux very easy.

I do it with a single application on the phone called "ASUS File Manager"
you select what type file to move, then "copy to" then select 'network' which shows the Linux Desktop

but alas, I can't help you now. my son has an iPhone and he despises it so much, that when the company's contract runs out, he told them "no more iPhones, he will not use one".

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
861 Posts
When connecting iPhone to Windows 10, you have to be signed into the iPhone, too, and in the phone "Allow" the USB connection from the computer before you'll see anything in the folders..... Should be same in Linux....

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When connecting iPhone to Windows 10, you have to be signed into the iPhone, too, and in the phone "Allow" the USB connection from the computer before you'll see anything in the folders..... Should be same in Linux....
True, which is obvious I did or I wouldn't have gotten this far.
I figured out a way though. All photos are automatically uploaded to icloud, I retrieved them from there, really easy once you figure it out. Don't even have to connect the phone to the computer.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
True, which is obvious I did or I wouldn't have gotten this far.
I figured out a way though. All photos are automatically uploaded to icloud, I retrieved them from there, really easy once you figure it out. Don't even have to connect the phone to the computer.
which means you are paying for Data to send those pix to iCloud.
IMO, that is a bad thing.

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which means you are paying for Data to send those pix to iCloud.
IMO, that is a bad thing.
Not really. I keep data turned off most of the time anyway and it uploads when I get home to the WIFI.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
it is just a matter of getting used to what you have to work with.

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is just a matter of getting used to what you have to work with.
Getting used to the iphone is no worse than getting used to linux. I still have some things I need to figure out but mostly it does what I need it to. My son wanted me to get it so we could face time, which is pretty nice. He even offered to pay for it but I found a good deal on it from my service provider and bought it myself for $20 a month. He did buy me a case and a magic charger you just lay it on.

Reactions: flylow and AZgl1800
1 - 8 of 8 Posts