Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Using the 5 pin diagram here on the site, i tried to wire a 3.5mm plug to the 5 pin connector on my wifes helmet so she can listen to music without using her earbuds, but rather the speakers in the helmet. The iphone doesnt have enough power to push the speakers. It sounds good, but i just cant get any volume. Any ideas? Or am i doing something wrong?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
imported post

It won't work, you need an interface. Several different types available and some of the members have posted the way they did it.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Mike is right. Also the way you are doing it now is a good way to blow the iPhones audio output.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I heard J&M has something for the 1500/1800, an interface, for the tune of $1100. The interstate has a different radio than the SE and the Aspencades.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

1100 bucks???!!! Shes good with the earbuds.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Radio Shack aka Radio Shaft used to have a small amplifier that would work for your purpose. It is monaural but you could feed it using a cable modified to feed both channels into the amplifier and that would feed the helmet. I doubt that even the most trained ears would notice it was not true stereo as both speakers would be working if you jumpered the left and right feed pins together. Or just buy two of those $9 amplifiers and amplify each side.

Building a dual channel amplifier should not be that hard.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.