Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

O.k., I got the auxillary cord for my 95 interstate in today. Hooked my ipod up and it works great. Now, I need a mount. Can anyone suggest one?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

I already had a mount for the X from the mount guys and am too cheap to buy another one so I diddled around and did this. Its not pretty but it works.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Where did the cord come from?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I just found a cheap mobile phone case ($3)that fit my MP3 player to more or less protect it and store it in my left fairing pocket. :?

Seeing as all the tunes I have stored on it (7 gig) are all my favorites, when I get on the bike, I turn it on and with it on 'shuffle', I just place it the pocket and forget about it. It's better protected in the pocket and it's out of sight for when I leave the bike to go get a coffee/have a bite to eat and don't have to worry much about theft/rain that way.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
I just found a cheap mobile phone case ($3)that fit my MP3 player to more or less protect it and store it in my left fairing pocket. :?

Seeing as all the tunes I have stored on it (7 gig) are all my favorites, when I get on the bike, I turn it on and with it on 'shuffle', I just place it the pocket and forget about it. It's better protected in the pocket and it's out of sight for when I leave the bike to go get a coffee/have a bite to eat and don't have to worry much about theft/rain that way.
I do the same thing but I put it on the strap on the left pocket cover so I can change modes if I want. I don't usually though. I can just slip it off if I go somewhere and I'm not around it. I drove through an extremely hard rain after our crash two years ago and the player only got a few drops on it.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I like to have it right in fron of me, kinda like this:

Here it is being charged, used as iPod, as well as GPS....

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
I like to have it right in fron of me, kinda like this:

Here it is being charged, used as iPod, as well as GPS....
I have an el cheapo Magellan 1200 Roadmate. None of the extras but it helps keeping me from getting TOO lost.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Search on this forum and you will find my thread on how to do it. I'm on my iPhone right now or I would have given you links.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.