Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone know how to get an iPod/Zune to play directly through the speed control and audio amp?

The tape deck in the Pansonic radio still works, but not the AM/FM. I don't have many casset tapes but have 1000s of songs on my Zune, and it includes a FM Radio. Since the AM/FM doesn't work, buying an FM modulator is not an option.

The problem is the output of the Zune is low impediance, probably 4 or 8 ohms. The input to the speed / volume control must be higher.

Just hope someone has worked this out before and has a schematic. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The output of the Clarion 3 and 2 systems is already 4 ohms. The power amp is for the fairing speakers only.

Now if you had the cb install kit there is a component terminal all the units plug into including the auto volume control. The only thing is is that it has less inputs unlike the one in the Clarion 2 system I have. That is because the radio and cassette player is a combined unit on the 1200's Clarion 3 system, no separate input for the cassette player like mine that I use for the GPS unit through the audio system.

You need the cb install manual for the 1200 kit from here to really understand what I'm talking about.

The cassette adapter would be the cheaper and better way to go as suggested by others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.