Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I bought my 83 Aspencade from a guy that bought it after sitting 7 years, tried to restore it and gave up. I got it about half torn apart. been working patiently almost a year . Now I have to decide about tires (almost ready to ride!!) Among the parts that came with it was a new set of irc durotour rs-410 tires . now I had never heard of them but the guy actually bought them from local Honda dealer. Look decent butI gave no experience with them , mostly ran Dunlop or Bridgestone tires on all the bikes I have owned. Anybody have some knowledge?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Randakk recommends them on his site for the lighter GLs.
I put them on my GL1000 and the CX500.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,322 Posts
imported post

I think IRC brand tires were factory mounted on Suzukis for awhile back in the eighties. The only bad I heard about them was they didn't stickvery well.

However, they will probably do fine for awhile as you get to know the bike. Just remember...7 years is old rubber.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks Dennis If they were 7 years old wouldn't even consider them but these were bought just before i got it so only 1 year old. Got Lots of new parts with it including OEM wheel bearings and swing arm bearings although i chose to use All Balls instead. I prefer sealed bearings and have always had good luck with AllBalls ANd definitely like the tapered steering bearings, over Honda OEM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.