Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK I'm being pretty dumb I downloaded this as suggested but still can't shrink pics small enough to post unless you need a magnifying glass to see them. Obviously I'm missing something

What?????

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Looks great!!:skipping::banana::bananas::kissing::toast::blowingup:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Set the image resolution to 72 dpi. I haven't used that program for a long time. I don't remember exactly where the menu for image resolution is.

It's a good program, for free.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Remember that images are like balloons. You can take the one image and an exact copy, make one huge and the other small, but have the same file size. The key is to make the file 72dpi and keep the file size at about 75k. Usually around 640x480 or less. Its a combination.

If you want, you can pm me, I will give you my email addy. If you have a pic or two that you want sized for the forum, I can do it for you.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
OK I'm being pretty dumb I downloaded this as suggested but still can't shrink pics small enough to post unless you need a magnifying glass to see them. Obviously I'm missing something
All you have to do is to load the picture,click on the image tab. Go down and click on the Resize/resample selection on the drop down menu.Set the width to alesser value. Resave the image with a new name and check it's size. If it's over 100k shrink it again if you are posting it. Posted pictures should have a width of no more than 600 pixels or they won't fit properly. If you're shrinking it down for an avatar cut the pixel size down to no more than 130 by 130.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.