Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There will be a MAJOR protest about the price of motorcycle insurance in Ireland on SAT the 15th oct ..The protest will leave the papel cross in the Phoenix park at 11 am,and will head into the city center, it is hoped that bikes of all shapes and sizes from all over the country will attend and join in the protest ....See you there ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

I seen a flyer about it in some bike shops last week. I'll be there as well. 22 years old and €3,300 for a restricted 400 Bandit is a rip off. :X

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey my comp. insurance is 350euro for my Honda 50. :stumped: Am i being ripped off. :baffled:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have seen the way you drive ,:gunhead::gunhead:,THIS IS A BARGAIN ...for a old fobie like you ,who has to use a guide dog just to get to the toilet :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:Ciaran:madeyes:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
This hasn't been too well publicised, but I'll be there anyway. :)
Its early days yet Brian. A months notice has to be plenty of time in my book. I'll be there as well.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I'll be there too. Last one I went to was back in 1997 and made no difference, it just gives the insurance companies an opportunity to spout the usual lies about accident stats etc. :X

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Reddy :waving:Before you attend that meeting, :walker:will you please update your profile by completing the LOCATION section :fighting:and let us know what part of this little country you have yourcaravan parked. :doh:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Reddy has it done. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
I have seen the way you drive ,:gunhead::gunhead:,THIS IS A BARGAIN ...for a old fobie like you ,who has to use a guide dog just to get to the toilet :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:Ciaran:madeyes:
Haaa!!!! That was a good one!!!!!!:goofygrin::clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

.So cruel to Redwing.. and  so very cruel to call Shep a Guide dog too.......... But lets see               .........€ 300 Euro for a €300  Euro Honda 50 cub ?? Seems about right to me .... lol SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
.So cruel to Redwing.. €300 Euro for a €300 Euro Honda 50 cub ?? Seems about right to me .
Hey SilverDave :waving: She didn't cost me 300euro. :clapper: I bought her second hand in 1985 for £35punts which = 44euro approx:weightlifter:from an old guy that was buying a Honda 90 :jumper:She was only one year old then, and she is still like new. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I never heard about the protest until the morning of, when i heard about the traffic on the AA roadwatch on the radio. Fair play though!!

Heres one for you,

Im 21 and have been riding my Honda NS1 - "75cc" for three years now w/o any claims.

Im paying €1445 tpft and i cant get a license to bring it down.:p

The Driving testers wont let me do my test on a bike so small and the insurance company wont let me insure anything any bigger without paying over €3000 without my full license!! - so i cant actually do my test either.

Does anyone know what a chap is to do as i really want to move onto a bigger bike.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I was there. Good turnout, Molesworth Street was jammers with bikes and I'd guess about 1000 at least turned up. A few Wings and loads of Harleys. Not as many learners on mopeds as I woulda expected, I mean they are the ones getting fleeced so there should havebeen more of them.

I think MAG can put you in touch with someone who gives lessoons and will hire you the appropriate sized bike for the test. Get in touch with MAG Ireland, their contact details are on teh links page of this site.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

hey guys, i feel sorry for you.... my cycle insurance was $75.00 u.s. for one years coverage!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Thanks very much BRowan,

Any help is appreciated and again,

Fair play to all who attended, it might not make a whole lot of difference yet as like it was said already, the insurance companies just spew this crap from their mouth as if there was any way of justifying this daylight robbery, but if bigger crowds were to attend surely they would have to take notice!?!

I think the reason there was'nt many learners was probablybecause your not going to try and get to dublin on a scooter or small bike like my own. The bike wouldbe wrecked before i even got there!!!! And I didnt even talk to anyone that knew about it.

Thanks again.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

redgballs wrote:
I think the reason there was'nt many learners was probablybecause your not going to try and get to dublin on a scooter or small bike like my own. The bike wouldbe wrecked before i even got there!!!!
Hello Redgballs :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: Hey i have to ride my Honda 50 to Dublin :action:when the wingnut calls me for meetings and thats over three hundred miles. :jumper: I dont always have the use of my neighbours :18red:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Well Redwing that must be one bulletproof honda 50 you have there!!!!

Be honest though, you dont come have way on the back of a pick-up or anything do ya?

There would be no shame in that like, actually i would quite admire you for going tothose extremes!!

:clapper:

How long does it take you to getover?

To be honest that just sounds frustrating, you obviously come on the backroads yeah?...Please say yes!?!:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

More power to you with your protest against what isobviously a blatant rip-off by the insurance companies over there. I cannot believe what you have to pay. I live in a major city and to have full insurance on my '92and '05 G/wings costs me a total of 760 Euros.

Good luck to you.

Regards,

John S.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

redgballs wrote:
Well Redwing, How long does it take you to getover?

To be honest that just sounds frustrating, you obviously come on the backroads yeah?...Please say yes!?!:headbanger:
Hey redgballs :waving: We sail to Doolin and then ride to Dublin which is about 155 miles :18red:Main roads all the way and back. Heck i never use backroads.:stumped:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.