Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi

Can any of you tell me the cheapest way to book a ferry from Holyhead to dun-largie(spelt wrong)and with which company. I know such as John Little and friends use the ferrys all the time so any info would be appreciated. Best we have had is with Motorsport travel and its £87 without a trailer and approx £139.00 with

Thanks

Paul

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hi Paul ,There are always special deals ,try www.irishferries.com ,it is cheaper to book online ,I am going from Dublin to Holyhead next thurs on the jonathan swift fast ferry ,it is costing 94 euro return for myself and the bike ,thats around £60 ,But if you are coming to the treffen ,you should be heading for CORK ,not Dublin The treffen is on in BANDON west Corkthe last wekend in AUG ,which I believe is your bank holiday ,,As for the trailer ,,say nothing until you get to the boat ,,,chances are you wont get charged ,,:waving:cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Hi Paul,

If you want a more direct route, it is possible to take a Ferry direct to Cork from Swansea, which leaves you literally 20 miles (or 30km,you will need to get accustomed to metric if you are using Irish roads) from the Treffen site.it is an overnight job, so a cabin is essential. Check out https://online.swanseacorkferries.com But to be honest, I'm literally justback from a tour from Watford to Cork on my second bike (Honda Transalp) and I used the express Holyhead Dublin Port route whichtakes well under two hours to make thecrossing,:clapper: this leaves much more time to enjoy driving through the scenic Irish countryside rather than hanging about on aferry, either way look forward to seeing you at the Treffen.:)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks lads

I think motorsport travel is going to be hard to beat at £84 return,Holyhead to Dun -largieee(wrong again)it looks like thats the way to go as i live North of england and dont fancy a overnight boat from swansea

Thanks again

Paul

Do you like Hondas 2006 Model

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Paul ,,take my advice and book online with irishferries it will save you money ,,cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Paul Barnes wrote:
Do you like Hondas 2006 Model
Hey Paul Barnes, :waving:Nice machine. :clapper: I just ordered one today, euro spec of course. :grinner: I dont want to be tortured with, frame cracks,:whip: overheating, :whip: woobbbllllleeeeessssss :whip: Brakes :whip: etc. The only item she hasn't fitted is the Utopia Backrest :crying:and very well priced at 35k euro, ah well another remorg.:crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.