Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am finally replacing front seals and bushings and was wondering before putting everything back together if fork grease is used on the fork seals or dust sliders?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I did mine last winter and all I did was use a little fork oil on my finger and rubbed it on the seal just to give it a bit of lube to slide in. Been working well.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Nothing required but a little fork oil won't hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Never heard of fork grease, I use fork oil to lube the seals.
Same here. I use oil.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

vtxcandyred wrote:
FitzAl wrote:
Never heard of fork grease, I use fork oil to lube the seals.
Same here. I use oil.
:?fork grease ? oil for prelube here too.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I just did mine and will echo everyone, a litttle fork oil is all you need. That's what the book calls for too.

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

When I attended Traxxion's Tech weekend they did use a very light weight grease…. something akin to sewing machine grease. A very small amount on both the oil seal AND the dust seal.

But here's the rub… if the use of this particular grease was that important they (Traxxion) should include it in the fork kits. It's not included and so I use a very small drop of fork oil on my fingertip.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Never heard of fork grease. A greasey spoon....sure. I assume they are used for changing tires.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks for the input. I use to use fork grease when I raced motocross a lifetime ago and this guy that had honda as a sponsor had told me to make sure and use fork grease on the dusters. I believe that was due to all the dirt and mud you accumulate on you forks during the races. Anyhow when I searched online all references are pretty much dealing with motocross bikes. I just used a little as suggested in this post and I am now ready to fill'em up and get my front end back on the bike.
Happy holidays and safe riding,
-Space_Cowboy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.