Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are the benefits of a fork brace such, that any one of you guys would spend $50 on one if you suddenly lost it somehow off of your GL1100? should I buy it??

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I would. I have one on the 1500 and noticed an immediate improvement riding to work (13 miles of very twisty and steep road). Any time you can brace the frame or suspension components to keep them where they belong you should.
The same is true for cars-- stiff body/frame good. Twisty body/frame bad. I have much fox mustang experience there...

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

When I test rode my first wing ('79) I asked the owner if the trees were loose. The fork legs felt like noodles. I bought the bike but the rubbery front end really bothered me. My brother suggested a Superbrace. I bouht it for $130 and installed it. Wow! All the difference in the world! Yes, $50 for a fork brace is money well spent as far as I am concerned and so does the factory evedently. They put one on my '84.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Yep. Even helped my old plow (trike) handle better. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

I am sold on them and you can find them on fleabag fairly cheap. I have the old style which is about 1 1/2 inches thick at the center.Solid aluminum.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

As you have probly read before, the solution for some is the use of aftermarket springs. I don't have experience with anything BUT Progressive springs, as this is what was in my forks when I bought my trike. I did,however aquire a SuperBrace, and installed it. I noted a big improvement in the handling, and elimination of tire cupping. Springs are a huge improvement also, but do nothing to eliminate the lateral bowing of the forks under load. JMHO jimsjinx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.