Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm beginning to wonder. Just because the Aspy and SE have reverse, this makes the Interstate a lame duck. Nobody seems to want it because of this. Never mind that no Wing before the GL1500 had a reverse, this doesn't matter.

Sorry, just had to rant. :(

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,200 Posts
imported post

dunno about that one, but that is why I made a point of buying an SE.

Just saying.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Reverse? ...on a motorcycle? ...lame duck?

I ain't that lazy yet... :D

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,764 Posts
imported post

I would think, if you promoted the performance aspects of the lighter weight machine...

Unless...someone has gone and burdened it with an extra 60 lbs. of chrome and crap.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
imported post

If someone wanted the bike imo reverse would not stop them, I think the damn economy is killing everyone, in my area there are some great deals on all types of wings on C.L. and nothing is selling, I saw a running 1200 that looked decent going for $800.00 obo. I had a 1500 with reverse and after using it maybe 3-4 times I quit because I could move it faster with my legs all though I am 6"5" .

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

No doubt the economy is making it hard to sell bikes but my problem is people don't even want to see her after they find out she has no reverse. And funny thing is, the ad says she doesn't have reverse and still they are surprised when they ask or I tell. Guess they don't really read the ad.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

My beloved Honda ST1300 has a very efficient, voice-activated reverse........

All I have to do is say, "Red, honey, will you get off and push us backwards, please?"

Never fails......

(Essentially, it's the same system I had on my dearly remembered, 1981 Goldwing 1100 Interstate!)

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

When I bought mine, reverse didn't come into it. I preferred the SE because of the CB radio. A couple times the reverse came in handy.

In my opinion, it's a nice feature that people looking for Goldwings expect because the Goldwing is known for it. I mean, how many other motorcycles have a reverse?

The problem you are facing is that your potential market is smaller because of it. People that want the reverse only want a Goldwing with one. People that don't care about it can take any Goldwing, with or without it.

It's a shame that people don't read the ad first. It sounds like you are going to sift through a bunch of stupid calls before you get a real buyer.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Sure. You bought one didn't you?

If the buyer has legs and isn't going to trike it ever and plans to keep it then it won't matter.
If he has short legs or plans to trike it or wants an easier time selling it, it matters.

I hate to say it but when asked, unless someone wants the simplicity of the interstate and has the legs to push around a fairly tall 800 lb gorilla, I always recommend the other models.

I saw one guy go with the interstate just because the radio already had the aux input for his MP3 player.

Different strokes I guess.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

There is no way I would have a 1500 without reverse! My 30" inseam rules it out! On Harleys,...no problem!

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Sure. You bought one didn't you?

If the buyer has legs and isn't going to trike it ever and plans to keep it then it won't matter.
If he has short legs or plans to trike it or wants an easier time selling it, it matters.

I hate to say it but when asked, unless someone wants the simplicity of the interstate and has the legs to push around a fairly tall 800 lb gorilla, I always recommend the other models.

I saw one guy go with the interstate just because the radio already had the aux input for his MP3 player.

Different strokes I guess.
I think that says a lot.

And with the aux input for the MP3 players, that might just be a selling point. I wish I had one. I know I can add one, but that still might be worth putting in your sellingad.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Bought my '91 Interstate this past June (29800 miles and clean as a whistle) and didn't even think about the reverse. I kinda wanted the cruise and air compressor, but now am just as glad not to have the potential headaches. :cheesygrin: Put on a throttle lock and stuck a small compressor in the side bag... all is good.

Only downside is it's the "Anniversary Edition" ... after-market radio with nothin':thumbsdown:. Going to trya din space stereo install maybe this winter. But other than that I'm lovin it. :thumbsup:

Pat

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

The 1500 Interstates I see around here are on the market a long long time, and sell for very little.

Just curious - what are your stats, (year, miles, price)?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Early to mid spring time is your best chance at the sale and getting the best price. But you never know who is out there and what they want and when.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

It's a 94 with 62k on the clock. It has a CB and rear speakers. I've also replaced all 4 speakers with J&M's. She also has a Compufire alternator.

I washed her today so the bird poop is no longer there.

Attachments

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

How much are you asking for your Interstate? Book value is $4200.

I have a 94 Interstate with 41,000 miles. I bought it in Sept of last year with 28,000 miles for $3500. I targeted the Interstate due to the lower book price. It is the way it is. Mine doesn't have reverse....so what. I had a 1600 Nomad that didn't have reverse. Mine does have a CB and my MP3 plugs in and the stereo/intercom is great.

I really like my Interstate. As someone else said, a small compressor in the side box, good to go.

Here is my bike at North Cascades National Park. Highway 20

Attachments

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Here is the cabin!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

Hmm... somebody awful scary lookin' is creepin up behind you... check your mirrors...

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Larry

Is the handlebar cover stock and what are the 2 gauges below the key?. Looks like volts and ...

Pat

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Just call it a Valkyrie and you will getting LOTS and LOTS of calls about that Interstate.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.