Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Being somewhat new here, I was puzzled as to how to post a link/url as copy/past does not work in frames, so with some html and a bit of goofing around I found a way, but it is not the most conveinient..........so today, shudder at the thought but I went and read the instructions..........

Q. Can I link to other URL's in my posts?

A. Yes you can. There is an "insert link" button on the text editor for this purpose. When you click the button you will see a pop-up box to insert the URL into. The "insert link" button looks like this; .

Unfortunately I discover that the said icon is not showing when I go to post a message..........anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?
Thanks
Wildcat

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

You must be using Firefox or Mozilla or one of the other Firefox variants. Some of the options like the insert URL button don't work with lots of forum softwarewith Firefox. Pity really, Firefox is a great idea but it's been released too early as it isn't yet compatable with many of the things we use every day, like forums and portals.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Once in awhile the blue area above the message area in the Post Reply page the icons don't show up even when running IE. If you're using IE you can run the cursor over the blue area and the info boxes will tell you what's what or you can reload the page.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yup thats it, Firefox is what I use. First forum I have run into this issue :X

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Wildcat wrote:
Yup thats it, Firefox is what I use. First forum I have run into this issue :X
I've seen this issue with Firefox on Invisionboard forums as well. It's not always consistent, works on some and not on others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.