Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no "high level" standing on this site, , and am NOT a "computer whiz", , however I see a minor issue that could help this site be more effective.

Far too much time and effort is spent when a "NEW" member is posting an issue to the membership but since the new member did not fill out his profile information with City, State, Bike, Year, Model, , the membership seems reluctant to offer a solution, , or a moderator has to use time and space on the thread of the issue to ask the new member to fill out the needed information.

Would it be possible to "highlight" the City, State, and bike info with the word "REQUIRED", so that the prospective member knows to fill in the info?

·
Administrator
57,474 Posts
the problem is that most of those you see w/o the profile info, are cellphone users who don't get to see the full page.

we have new software in the works that according to the "Press Release" is going to be much more compatible with Cellphones.

I agree that a step by step process of just filling in the info as you join up would resolve the issue.

I will address this with the IT folks and see if that is included in the 'new software', to be released ANY DAY NOW. ......

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, I should've known you'd be a step (or two) ahead of me. Getting this step into the NEW software would be a good thing for sure.

·
Administrator
57,474 Posts
not going to be in the new software period it seems....

the basic software is canned by the companies who create it, and at the moment, features like that are "plugins" to provide unique functionality.....

the old software does not provide for that, and the IT folks would spend many a can of midnight oil making it do what I/we wanted.

they did a good job....
it will take time to polish up the new software to "my liking" :)

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
fwiw, i answer questions if I can with zip regard to the profile. ....I will however..being a smartass, if its a very simple question..google the exact question, then post a link to the google page...like...whats the biggest tire I can put on the rear of my X:ROFL:
I do skip oil questions...and GOD knows to stay out of the middle of a darkside anything post!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts