Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I'm glad you made it home and hope the problem is cheap to fix.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

Just got back to this.
Spark was good on 3 and 4. I switched the spark unit connectors and the good spark moved to the #1 and #2 plugs. Looks like I have a bad spark unit.
Anyone have one they want to send me?
Should they be replaced in pairs?

Here is a pic. Not sure what they are supposed to look like. These looked cooked.

Or is this normal?

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,298 Posts
imported post

Most of them look like that, the tar melts out of them but it is not fatal. The usual fix is to fill the cavity with epoxy. This won't fix a bad unit but it will seal off one that still works so the elements won't get to the components.
A few 1100s are being parted out on the for sale/wanted forum, you might find one there.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
imported post

They came in the mail today. Look great. I installed them and took the bike out for a test ride. Went about 10 miles. It is pretty hot out and maybe I was being too sensitive to it, but it felt like the left side of the false tank was very hot closer to the front-although I may not have ever noticed. When I got home, I popped the top and put my hand in there expecting the new pieces to be on fire. They were warm to the touch. The regulator was hotter. I could hold my hand to it for about three seconds. I think that is about normal. I think I am good to go.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

yeah there is alot of heat under the false tank your mostly feeling the heat from the motor getting whipped up under it

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

drones76 wrote:
They came in the mail today. Look great. I installed them and took the bike out for a test ride. Went about 10 miles. It is pretty hot out and maybe I was being too sensitive to it, but it felt like the left side of the false tank was very hot closer to the front-although I may not have ever noticed. When I got home, I popped the top and put my hand in there expecting the new pieces to be on fire. They were warm to the touch. The regulator was hotter. I could hold my hand to it for about three seconds. I think that is about normal. I think I am good to go.
If you can hold your hand to the regulator for 3 seconds it's cooler than most.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.