Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Greetings! Great site! I'm a new member and wondering if my first wing, a '84, is a Standard Model or not. It has hardbags and trunk, but no fairing.I think it may be aStandard with bags and trunk added at some point.It has a round headlight and round gauges, manual adjustment for air suspension (no compressor). VIN contains "SC140" (one post suggests this VIN code is for Standard Models). Any clarification or suggestions? It would be nice to know for sure. Thanks! Pete

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The model is not located in the VIN, but the VIN tag should read 1984 or 1984I or 1984A model. The plain 1984 is the Standard.

Do you have the plain looking tank shelter? The Interstate and Aspencade tank shelters have them extensions built into the shelter to fill the gap between the shelter and fairing.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
The model is not located in the VIN, but the VIN tag should read 1984 or 1984I or 1984A model. The plain 1984 is the Standard.

Do you have the plain looking tank shelter? The Interstate and Aspencade tank shelters have them extensions built into the shelter to fill the gap between the shelter and fairing.
Also the standard has the "HONDA" on the shelter (False tank)because there isn't a fairing to put it on.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

it looks like a standard with bags,... what kind of bags she has? hondaline? like the ones on the interstate and aspy?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

hello,

Sounds very much like a standard GL1200, I have a friend who owns one,
they are a great bike, with a pretty special history.

good luck with your ride,

cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.