Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find information for my Goldwing Eliminator 1977 GL 1300 Limited Model. It was a french touring bike made in 77 and that is all I know. Please help me, I want to know how much to insure it for, I was willed the bike by a dear friend, the bike has only 1300 original miles on it !!!! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

I can not find information for my Goldwing Eliminator 1977 GL 1300 Limited Model. It was a french touring bike made in 77 and that is all I know. Please help me, I want to know how much to insure it for, I was willed the bike by a dear friend, the bike has only 1300 original miles on it !!!! :wink2:

Really rare I'ld say. Might near as rare as the Unicorn even. Not only is the model unheard of (GL1300) here .... it has 1300 miles.

There was / is the GL1000, GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, and GL1800.

In 1977 there was the GL1000 LTD. Not rare, but a pretty nice looking bike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is a 1300 french touring bike it is a weird looking bike can you post pics please and I can tell you if that is what you have

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Id say rare to. My dad told me a story once. He was over seas in the early 80s somewhere in Europe and a British guy in a bar bet him $20 that he had a 77 GL1300 and my dad didn't believe him and the guy showed him and he lost the bet.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Wouldn't be all that hard for someone to mix and match some emblems and make whatever they wanted. The thing to do is check the tag on the steering head to see what it really is.

·
Administrator
57,633 Posts
Honda did not make an Eliminator model bike, that model is trade marked by Kawasaki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Eliminator

and the model designation is ZL, not GL. Also, it would seem that 1,000 CCs is the largest ever built.

ZL1000
this motorcycle was only available for 2 years, 1987 and 1988, but mostly sold in UK, Australia and the US in 1987.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doesn't he have to make a few more posts before he can put the picture up? Maybe they can "waive" that rule because this could be interesting.....

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I had a goldwing 1600 but it got abducted by aliens from Roswell.
I'm building a dual-engined 1000. The Aliens on the backside of the moon told me to do it.

·
Administrator
57,633 Posts
I was in Roswell a month ago and didn't see it.
back in '82 thru '91 I worked for an oil company and prowled all over that ranch where the Alien aircraft was supposed to have landed.

I never did find anything out there, other than rattlesnakes, horny toads, lizards, wasps, bees, and birds of all kinds.

lots of trails that I followed in the company car just to see where they went, got lost a lot, just picked out a direction and went "that away" until the 4x4 finally found a good purchase on something looking like a road.

it was a lot of fun out there when I had to go make a repair run at 02:30 AM, on a rainy moonless night. You better know exactly where you are going, or you WILL get lost.

I worked in communications, and Microwave Towers were always on top of a remote hilltop or "mountain" if you could find a mountain. Being next to a road had nothing to do with the engineers deciding on a location to put the tower.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.