Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a jacket, size large. Im only 5'6" but i have pretty broad shoulders. I always wear a large in most things, and it gives me some room to breath. Medium is always pretty tight. The jacket i have has sleeves that are a little long for me, but the cuff tighteners keep it from going over my hands. The armor seems to pretty much stay in the right places...perhaps witht he exception of the elbow ones, which can slide a little cause of the room in the sleeves. Do you beacons of wisdom think i should return it for a medium or just enjoy a little extra room.

Thanks

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

/forums/images/emoticons/sad.gif Strictly speaking, a jacket should be about as tight as your skin, in order for the leather and armour to work......  if you fell on that movable elbow pad armour, at the wrong angle .. you would probably do more damage than if you were just wearing leathers...loose leather moves way too much when you hit the asphalt...but I was given a jacket .. (free) from a friend who quit motorcycling ... and the wrists were perfect(Zipped cuffs) but the back ,and sleeves were not...  For not very much money  a leather tailor fixed all the loose linings, one pocket,and took the upper sleeves in , and tucked the lower back.. You might ask around to see if there is a quality leather guy in your area....  But yours is a brand new jacket... unless you got it on sale.. I think I would return it.. and wait for an extra tall Medium, or a slimmer Large.............. as a person who once (just once) skidded along the road on my back, front, tush, and helmet... I will tell you... the jacket and its fit is VERY important..as are the gloves, chaps, and helmet .SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Leave enough room for an insulating layer for when it gets cold.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If you zip it up all the way and the zipper catches your eyebrow, the jacket is too big. If you can't see out when it's zipped up it's way too big. If you canget both arms in one sleeve... If your helmet fits in a side pocket... If your honey can get in it with you... If it's made from two cows...

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
If you zip it up all the way and the zipper catches your eyebrow, the jacket is too big. If you can't see out when it's zipped up it's way too big. If you canget both arms in one sleeve... If your helmet fits in a side pocket... If your honey can get in it with you... If it's made from two cows...
Careful, lad, I may take umbrage with that "two cows" comment...

:goofygrin:

Ruaidh

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey tomorrowneverwas :leprechaun:Welcome the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

If that gear is not fitting you properly, bring it back. End of story. :skipping:

:banana::18red::banana:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
/forums/images/emoticons/sad.gifStrictly speaking, a jacket should be about as tight as your skin, SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif
Damn I couldn't appear in public like that! The last thing I need is something form fitting. Look like a damn sea lion on a bike.:whip::whip:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.