Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a Trailer Hitch for my 2000 Aspencade. Is there a better brand name to go with, or are they all pretty much the same. Is the installation straight forward or is there frame modifications that need to be made?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

They are all much the same, and the limitations of how they can be mounted to the GL1500 means they all fit the same way with bolts and clamps.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you Reddy, That's all I needed to know.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I prefer the horizontal receiver to the vertical one but that is just my preference.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

The only hitch drawbacks for me:
Taking it off to pull the rear wheel at home. Not a big deal, but adds 1/2 hour (or just paying to have the shop do it-I have no lift at home).
and
Dragging it leaving a parking lot on occasion as my stinger stays in.
I bought mine from Chromeworld about 6 years ago and have been happy with it. It was not the expensive option, either.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Okay, NowI have a request. A member here sent me drawings to make my own hitch. Since fabricationis nothing new to my, I'll give this a go. But what I would like is if someone with a 1500 could take some pic's to show the mounting points for the hitch, that would help me a ton. If I could see the mounting points, Then I could get this made & fitted the first time & hopefully with out any redos

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thank you Jim.

The front is fix by the shock bolt.Where does the rear attach?

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
imported post

No, the hitch is not attached to the shock bolt. On this one it is clamped to the saddlebag guard and to the saddlebag frame.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thank's, Got it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.