Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1982 Goldwing 1100 Interstate
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to change the oil & filter in my 82 GL1100i and saw the Rotella 5w40 T that I've been using appears to have changed to "T6". I bought it and did the change. I saw it is different in color... The new is amber and the old was a dark, almost black. Hope I have nothing to worry about. Haven't ridden it since the change. Anyone have any info?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Does it say synthetic?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yes it is... I have been using it for a while now...

Les

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
The new one is JASO MA rated for wet clutch it says on the bottle. The old one supposedly was also, but didn't have it on the bottle. The Shell rep told me it is supposed to be better than the old even though there is less zinc in the new but has something in it's place(I can't remember what) and i am not sure if it actually is better because i quit using Shell. I had clutch chatter with the old Shell and that didn't make sense because Shell rep assured me both the new and old were okay with a wet clutch. It was always so stinky when changing also and the Delo and others are not.
My tranny kept getting worse and worse on my 88 with the 5w40 Syn. Rotella until I switched to the Delo after trying many, many other brands. I have no clutch chatter now at all and the tranny shifts a lot better.

·
Premium Member
1982 Goldwing 1100 Interstate
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new one is JASO MA rated for wet clutch it says on the bottle. The old one supposedly was also, but didn't have it on the bottle. The Shell rep told me it is supposed to be better than the old even though there is less zinc in the new but has something in it's place(I can't remember what) and i am not sure if it actually is better because i quit using Shell. I had clutch chatter with the old Shell and that didn't make sense because Shell rep assured me both the new and old were okay with a wet clutch. It was always so stinky when changing also and the Delo and others are not.
My tranny kept getting worse and worse on my 88 with the 5w40 Syn. Rotella until I switched to the Delo after trying many, many other brands. I have no clutch chatter now at all and the tranny shifts a lot better.
I'm sure reading a lot of converts to the "Delo".

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I'm going to try the Delo my next oil change too... Cheaper than the T6 Rotella...

Les

·
Administrator
27,926 Posts
In an 1800 try the Rotella T5 10/30.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Been using the Delo since I read about it here. No complaints. Used it in my 88 and now in my 95.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.