Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi folks. Seems most are having great results with Sea Foam. Does anyone know if it available in Canada, eh?
Thanks, the forum has always been a great help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best goldwing forum in the world Medicj

I purchased seafoam at the carquest or the Napa store here in Brampton Ontario. I see there is a Carquest store in Sydney, NS. or try the Napa Auto store in Glace Bay.

best of luckEH John

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

The only place I'ver been able to find it is at a NAPA store and one local auto pats store in Niagara Falls. If you have a local NAPA, give them a try.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If your local dudes dont stock it, Request that they do. some guys are getting it around $7 but Im paying closer to $10. Some wally worlds stock it.

I treated all my gas equiptment with it last fall. everything fired up great yesterday except my wead eater because I forgot that one. The gas smells old.

It's good in oil too, just before an oil change to scrub the inside of your engine.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi,

NAPA sells it here in Dartmouth. Something like $14.00 a can or something crazzy like that. They carry it at the NAPA in Halifax too. Walmart does not sell it here, although I am trying to convince them to.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

Carquest on Akerley Dr in Dartmouth carries it, around 10$ a can...

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

Seems like I read on this forum that Canadian Tire sells it.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

If Canadian Tire sells it, it must be a regional thing. They sure don't sell it in any of the NS, NB, and PEI stores I have been in. I have been in quite a few.

It would make sense that Carquest would sell it.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

Hi there Medicj welcome to this great site,i get seafoam at NAPA at 7 dollars a can.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Era... If some napa stores ERa ........ooops wrong one....................

If Napa stores sell them then it shouldnt be too hard to have them ship it to one of thiere stores Era>>>>>.. Eh.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

hatchetman wrote:
everything fired up great yesterday except my wead eater because I forgot that one.
Braggart :crying:. I wish ANYTHING was growing around here :(

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

Couldn't find it at Canadian Tire or Walmart.

Found it at Carquest for $10 + taxes.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I get it at NAPA. Not always in stock though!!

They also have some other product by Seafoam. Can't remember what it did, but it wasn't what I wanted.

Haven't seen it in Canadian Tire - and I know my Canadian Tire!!

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

"Haven't seen it in Canadian Tire - and I know my Canadian Tire!!"

I miss Crappy Tire living down here. Every time I go homefor avisit, I make a stop there just to browse around. Last time up there, they added dairy coolers! :shock:

'Tube of bearing grease and a dozen eggs, please'

The flyers were good bathroom ready material. I still have some Canadian tire money....What's it worth now-a-days??:D

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey Hoganswing,

What part of the Great White North are you from? How long have you been away? I am from Dartmouth, N.S.

We now have the largest Canadian Tire east of Ontario from what I am told. The store is so big that the Customer Service sucks big time. It takes you over 10 min to find anyone and when you do it's a 16 year old girl with pink hair and attitude that does not know where shelving is in the store!!

We don't have eggs or stuff like that... yet. I hope the "Heck" we never do!

Canadian Tire money is only given out as 1/2 the amount it was 18 months ago. I still collect it though.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

maplewingnut wrote:
They also have some other product by Seafoam. Can't remember what it did, but it wasn't what I wanted.
I think it is for automatic transmissions. I almost bought it by mistake.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

Mr Magic Fingers wrote:
Hey Hoganswing,

What part of the Great White North are you from? How long have you been away? I am from Dartmouth, N.S.

We now have the largest Canadian Tire east of Ontario from what I am told. The store is so big that the Customer Service sucks big time. It takes you over 10 min to find anyone and when you do it's a 16 year old girl with pink hair and attitude that does not know where shelving is in the store!!

We don't have eggs or stuff like that... yet. I hope the "Heck" we never do!

Canadian Tire money is only given out as 1/2 the amount it was 18 months ago. I still collect it though.

Tim.
Born in Belleville Ont, grew up in Toronto (Beaches) and lived in Maple Ridge BC for ten years before moving to Cincinnati OH for the last 7 years. The west is calling me back (too cold on the east coast) I miss the mountains and outdoor activity ie. lakes, rivers and mountains.

I worked at CTC when I was 14 yrs old and boy has it changed. I used to buy all my gas there and with the coupons would save my CT dollars and let the kid buy stuff therewith it. My folks live in Cobourg Ont and their CT has the dairy coolers!

I learned allot about dealing with the public at a young age working there. Don't think they would have let me come in with pink hair back then, but then again the old man probably would have shaved my head after a good whoop'in.

The other thing I miss down here is Tim Horton's. The closest one is about 20 minute drive but worth it.

medicj, I didn't mean to hi jack your thread here but CTC brought back fond memories:dude:Good luck finding it.

I learned about Seafoam on this site and found it to work wonders in the fuel tank. Think I'm going to try it in the oil before changing it this spring. I have a noisy valve and want to see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

medicj, I didn't mean to hi jack your thread here either. Sorry about that.

Getting back to SeaFoam.... It works wonderful in the oil. I removed sooooo much crud from my engine it was not funny. Did it before I changed the oil... it came out black. Put new oil and filter in and seafoam and changed it again at 600km... black again. I did the same thing again at about 1000km. Almost black. When I put her away for the year I changed the oil and it was dark brown... the way it should be. It had about 3500km on it.

The bike works soooo smooth and sweat. I miss her so. I can't wait until this snow is gone. Storming again tonight 15 - 20 cm. Grrrr

Tim.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Thanks to all that replied. Found it at NAPA for 12.75 after we paid PM Harper. No problems at all about the Canadian Tire comments or as the wife calls it, 'The Man Store"!!
Thanks again, you folks always have the answers!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.