Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

According to bikez.com the 1995 Se seat height is 31.3 the 1998 Aspencade is 29.1?? Asking because I have short legs. I owned a 1995 Se and sold it. Now looking to get another 1500, have the chance to buy either the1995 SE or 1998 aspencade for about the same money. Seat height is important. The 1995 has about 37,000 miles the 1998 about 51,000. I read the history here on the forum did not see any mention of a lower seat height on the 1998??

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

I was told that a 96 or 97 and later have a lower seat.
Never owned a 1500 so I can't say for sure

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Actually, the seats on 96 and above are about 1 inch lower. I replaced my 93's seat with a 97 (new) seat from Honda Direct Line, because I too have short legs, and it helped me be able to flat foot it at stops.:waving:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

The earlier seats were a bit higher but had a pouch for rain covers. The newer seats are lower but no pouch.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
The earlier seats were a bit higher but had a pouch for rain covers. The newer seats are lower but no pouch.
When I got my 96 it had a stock seat with a rain cover, but I know it was a deer hunter in a previous life. It may not have been the original seat. Spec sheet for mine(1996) says 29.1 seat height. I've got a 29 inch inseam and can flat foot it just fine.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
That's right. The rain cover was done away with from 1998.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
imported post

A 91 Interstate has an inch less foam, see if you can get someone to trade seats. I did that with a friend and we are both happy.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for all the info. Actually went and sat on the 1998, it was a dog but the seat height was lower than my 1995. The 1998 had an almost flat front tire (along with lots of other issues), I am not sure how much the almost flat front tire contributed to the bike sitting lower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.