Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a kit to make your bikes transmission be a two speed low and high speeds the bike that I have will shift down once then up once and that’s it it does not over rev in either gear if this a stupid question forgive me but could someone help me

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
What bike are you referring to?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
If it is difficult to take off from a standing start and you can't get neutral it is possible you have an issue where you only have 4th and 5th gears available.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
521 Posts
Why are there two usernames for a guy with only two gears? :unsure:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope I don’t have two names and no I am not hitting anything I shift down once any tried to wind the gear out but did not have enough space to do that and then shifted up one time and that is as far that will shift

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Why are there two usernames for a guy with only two gears? :unsure:
There is a user barryl light with a capital B avatar and another user Barry light with a photo. Are there two of you?

Honda did make some two speed automatic type transmissions that were called Hondamatic but to my knowledge they were only installed in some 740 four cylinder and some 400 two cylinder motorcycles.

Honda also sold some bikes with a low range/high range choice in addition to the regular five speed transmissions.

Whichever user is having the problem, it is a problem. Sometimes an oil change with help. Otherwise suggest you have an expert look in to it.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I hope I don’t have two names and no I am not hitting anything I shift down once any tried to wind the gear out but did not have enough space to do that and then shifted up one time and that is as far that will shift
Can you get some pictures and maybe a video of what your issue is,do you get the green neutral light,does the bike actually take off and run ok.possible there’s internal damage

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,851 Posts
as a Matter of Fact, you have registered TWICE, and you have been using 2 different browsers or PCs to log into the forum. Back up through this thread and tell me which one you want to stick with, and I will Merge them together.

you are using two different email addresses also
@icloud.com
@comcast.net

There is a user
barryl light with a capital B avatar
Jonesboro, Georgia
ISP: Verizon Wireless ( which does not give Definitive locations )

Barry light with a photo.
North Augusta, South Carolina
Comcast Cable which usually does provide the city of, or very near to you.

I am going with the photo and Comcast Cable and merge them together.
once that is done, the Verizon logged user will be gone, you will be forced to log in with the same exact user name each time.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,851 Posts
i did a User Search, and you are posting in every thread you have started with both Usernames....
that is not going to be allowed, it is way too confusing for the members here, and Forum Maintenance.

I suspect you are using a laptop and a Smartphone, the phone is on Verizon Wireless, the laptop is using ComCast.

I am going to merge the two accounts together, and send you an email to both email addresses letting you know that the Verizon account is now gone. Next time you try to use the cellphone, you will have to log in as Barry Light on the ComCast account.... you only need do it once, the phone will remember the last valid login.

just so you can see what I did, and to let the other Moderators know how it was done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it is difficult to take off from a standing start and you can't get neutral it is possible you have an issue where you only have 4th and 5th gears available.
No there’s no problem with shifting maybe a clutch adjustment it seems to have to gears only

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i did a User Search, and you are posting in every thread you have started with both Usernames....
that is not going to be allowed, it is way too confusing for the members here, and Forum Maintenance.

I suspect you are using a laptop and a Smartphone, the phone is on Verizon Wireless, the laptop is using ComCast.

I am going to merge the two accounts together, and send you an email to both email addresses letting you know that the Verizon account is now gone. Next time you try to use the cellphone, you will have to log in as Barry Light on the ComCast account.... you only need do it once, the phone will remember the last valid login.

just so you can see what I did, and to let the other Moderators know how it was done.

View attachment 324060

Ok thank you

·
Administrator
26,336 Posts
No there’s no problem with shifting maybe a clutch adjustment it seems to have to gears only
Clutch adjustment will have no effect on the number of gears you can get it into. You have a shifter problem somewhere, if not external then internal.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
When you push the shifter down it should spring up to "center." Whrn you lift the shifter up it should spring back to "center." Does this happen?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don’t think so and it is hard to find neutral

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I though that I have two bikes 78 79 both shift the same way wish there some way to find out with out having to take the motor apart the 79 motor is out of the bike and setting on my bench With the front cover off where I can look at the shifter but that not was productive because it shifts the same way maybe both bikes have the same problem

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,851 Posts
put pressure on the shifter going Down.

now rock the bike back and forth, it should shift down to the lower gear.

on the engine sitting on the floor, do the same thing, but twist the tail shaft and it should shift down.

it it don't, I suspect the shifter lever is striking something that prevents it from going down like it should.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts