Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Is there a way to move the trunk back about an inch (or) two?

Did Honda give an option to move it back or is it a stationary item that has no adjustability?

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

If I remember right Mr Magic Fingers (Tim) prefabed & posted his design awhile back. I've seen it in person & it looks great...if I can find the thread I'll post it for you :)

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

someone makes a re-locator bracket for the 1200 - I have one on mine. I don't recall who made it, but I'm sure someone makes one for the 1100 as well.

Joe

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

There is an aftermarket set-back bracket that will move the trunk back up to three inches. I found one on eBay and am getting ready to install. The 1100 did not leave much room back there for a passenger.

It does eliminate the ability to remove the trunk via the key lock but I never take mine off anyway.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

ok that is a great pic / tutorial of how to do it - Thanks a million!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

With the brackets that Lil Pete designed and shared you get more room and don't lose the ability to remove the trunk when needed. You do have to relocate your lock spring assemblies.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Ken Tripp wrote:
Exactly for me - Thanks brother, this will save me from the fabrication aspect and it's chrome plated too!

Will look like a factory part and if I lose the ability to remove the trunk, oh well.. I have never taken the trunk off anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.