Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A freind of mine just doesn't like the new JB speakers. He said they aren't half as good as the old ones for playing music through them. So I told him I would post a thread and ya'll if you know of some really good helmet speakers(that go in Arai) that are as good as the old JBM speakers.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

I love my Air Rider Comm 4 headset. I had the old J&M HS134s and these are much better.

I replaced one set of J&Ms speakers with some speakers from some Koss headphones and they sounded real nice for music.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

gixxerbill wrote:
A freind of mine just doesn't like the new JB speakers. He said they aren't half as good as the old ones for playing music through them. So I told him I would post a thread and ya'll if you know of some really good helmet speakers(that go in Arai) that are as good as the old JBM speakers.
Are you referring to the J&M headsets? If you are, I can only assume he's using the cheap headsets, around $60. I have the mid-range ones, the 279 series, and they sound very good with the music. I assume the high end ones, the Elite series are even better, or so I've heard, but can't justify spending that much myself.

John

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

I'm looking at the Cardo system.. It's Bluetooth so it's wireless..
Has anyone used this brand ??

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
There's been a couple thread recently on them and several over the last couple of years. Here's links to a couple of the more recent one's and you can just search for Scala to find more.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=61784
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=60302

A couple of notes on the Cardo Scala systems,
1. The Scala systems do not integrate with the bike's system.
2. The sound quality for music is apparently terrible from reports I've read.

John

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Foodman wrote:
There's been a couple thread recently on them and several over the last couple of years. Here's links to a couple of the more recent one's and you can just search for Scala to find more.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=61784
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=60302

A couple of notes on the Cardo Scala systems,
1. The Scala systems do not integrate with the bike's system.
2. The sound quality for music is apparently terrible from reports I've read.

John
Thanks for information..
I don't listen to the radio, don't have a CB and I'm not going to answer an phones.. The only thing I want to do is talk to the wife without having to yell.. I have the bike system but I don't use it for I don't like to mess with all the wires..
The Cardo looked simple and I'm not worried about rain..
On the forms you listed, looks like most liked it..
Thanks Again.......................

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Scala sound=bad, very bad. Those tiny transducers just don't cut it. They have to be so small, to try and extend the battery life. No bass what-so-ever. I'm sure glad I didn't order one of those, before I tried it at a local dealer. I'm afraid bluetooth is long in the tooth (no pun) for those that like good music. I tried several other set-ups also, and not impressed with any of them.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I tried useing my Bose 901's for helmet speakers ,,,, I forget which I ran out of first,,,, neck muscles or speaker wire!!!!

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Oh, I forgot. I hacked the Koss Titanium drivers into my Shoei Syncrotech, and they sound really awesome. Got them at R. Shack. Now, I forgot the model, but search for "Koss", and you'll find it. Without the " ". They are the over the ear type stereo headset.

[line]

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Lots of raves about EdSets. Never tried them, myself. They're supposedly the best sounding of the lot.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

I recently went with 3rd Generation EdSets and we are very pleased. Less expensive than the Elites and sound great.
Speaker placement in the helmet is important as in any installation.

I can also speak VERY highly of his customer support. One of my wife's speakers went out during our first big trip with them and he offered to FedEx a replacement to our hotel in Phoenix but I declined. He promptly sent me an email with a coupon code to use on his ordering site and told me to request two to replace them in pairs.

http://www.edsets.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.