Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Woke up this morning -6.9fon my digital. At noon it is up to -1. Wind chill factor is aropund -20 right now. I have been in the shop messing with the bikes. Thinking of those lucky people in Texas and Florida that can ride today if the want. Hope the weather breaks and get a little better soon... MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

I went for a ride today, wasn't the best of weather but i was having withdrawals. It was 35F. (2C.) but mostly sunny, windy as Wyoming. Only went 88 miles and was getting pretty chilled by the time I got home then when I did stop I realized how cold I was. But I did get in enough of a ride to keep from going stir crazy.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Got to church this morning and one of the guys was planning to take a ride this afternoon. 26 degrees with a wind chill of 15. Told him to have a nice ride. :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
imported post

While it was not anywhere as cold as your posts it was a little cool here this morning.
However, I had a good reason to get on the bike. Started out with the temp in the low 30"s with 25 mph wind. Bundled up like a little kid, I was. Today was the Big Texas Toy Run, what a blast. All kinds of bikes and all kinds of toys. It was awe inspiring to see 3-4 miles of bikes on the road. Paper said close to 100,000 bikes, with over a million in cash - all for the kids.

Its beginning to look a LOT like Christmas.

Merry Christmas, from Texas

Doc

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

clarkjm wrote:
Paper said close to 100,000 bikes, with over a million in cash - all for the kids.
WOW - anyone got some pictures to post ???

Being extremely optimistic - we'll be riding in about 3 months ;)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

went out to the garage, started the snowblower and went to work in 30 mile an hour winds. Came in, got a cup coffee, went back out to the garage, grabbed the remote and turned the channel to the game.

At halftime I walked over to the wing, pulled off the cover, sat on the seat and remembered. Yes, there really were days of warmth that I was out upon my love....... HEY, I referring to the wing, get your mind out off the gutter. I gently help onto onto the grips and imagined myself on the roads once more.

Yes, I am a sad, sad case at the moment, but soon, not soon enough, but soon ...... I will :action:again,

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Woke up this morning -6.9fon my digital. At noon it is up to -1. Wind chill factor is aropund -20 right now. Hope the weather breaks and get a little better soon... MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here.
About the same weather here. I just checked NOAA for weather:

Topeka, KS [nearest city] First day of winter....

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -3. Wind chill values between -7 and -12. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values between -1 and -11. Southwest to 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

THIS OUGHT TO SET GLOBAL WARMING BACK FOR A DECADE OR MORE.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

clarkjm wrote:
While it was not anywhere as cold as your posts it was a little cool here this morning.
However, I had a good reason to get on the bike. Started out with the temp in the low 30"s with 25 mph wind. Bundled up like a little kid, I was. Today was the Big Texas Toy Run, what a blast. All kinds of bikes and all kinds of toys. It was awe inspiring to see 3-4 miles of bikes on the road. Paper said close to 100,000 bikes, with over a million in cash - all for the kids.

Its beginning to look a LOT like Christmas.

Merry Christmas, from Texas

Doc
I did 2 years straight of that run over 13 years ago when we'd start out from Ft. Worth with over 5000 bikes and meet the group from Dallas at the Arlington Convention Center next to the Rangers new ballpark. Didn't know it had grown that large though. I've still got some videos I need to convert to digital and make dvd's of them.

In fact I wear my toy run pin from #8 on my riding vest. I'll have it with me when I get to Ft. Worth this week.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Wow!

And I bought a ceramic floor heater to put on my toes today.
Outside temps are down to 36F now around here in the mornings.

makes me feel chilly :D

But, if I had a bike to straddle, I would have got on it and rode it today for sure. Only 52F now, plenty good enough for a ride.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I was lucky enough to ride Saturday and Sunday. Saturday the clouds were huge and black, like it was getting ready for a torrential downpour. It was 51 degrees and I got in a nice ride; pulling into the garage as it began to sprinkle. Sunday never got above 35 but I put on my new Gerbing's jacket, gloves and socks and was nice and warm all day. With the heated clothing I will be riding as long as the roads are not iced over. I would ride even if I didn't have the heated clothing but it is so much nicer to not have to bundle up the way I used to; much easier and more comfortable to ride now.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Not exactly sure about the temps here right now, but I did bring in the brass monkey last night.:cooldevil: Won't be riding anytime soon.:(

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Don't try sticking your tongue on that monkey :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.