Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

If one were to flip the carbs over, it's the screw at the point on the bottom of the float bowl. Mine had a cover or casing over the screw itself (well, some were missing). This cover was broken, so I tried twisting it back. Wrong. It broke right off. I did manage to extract the screw as there was enought meat sticking out. I am not sure if this is the idle screw since I do not have the Honda Service book to identify, but it's certainly busted! Can someone ID this without seeing it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Oops. Brain fart. The carbs are from a 1980 1100 and were bought to eventually put on a 1000, but also for the sake of some initial breakdown to check out the internals.

Also, I should have said "idle mixture screw." I still am not sure if that is what it is as I only have the Clymer GL1000 book and this screw does not seem to be present on the 1000 carbs.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Definitely not the drain screw. This has a spring and a small rubber o-ring attached at the end.
Gee, I really need to buy a repair manual for this carb....

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks, Jack. Now, is that pilot screw in a different location on pre-1100 carbs? Since my 1000 carbs are still on my bike, the only reference I have is the Clymer's for the 1000 and they don't show this location for the pilot screw. Any ideas or am I missing something obvious in the book? (quite possible). Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.