Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Yep... If it sounds  too good to be true... it probably is.../forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif.... Something like this comes along on E-Bay about every 8 months... until somebody gets off their duff,and reports it to E-Bay.. as a scam... Pay no attention to it.. I bet you a beer that it will be "gone" in 2 days... LOLOLOL SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Typical scam. These type scams have been running on eBay for the past year. Almost always require preapproval before bidding. I asked one of these guys what it took to get approved and got back a message saying I was approved. I'm not sure what the point of that is but it's common to most of these scams. Who really thinks they can get a deal like that without someone getting screwed? Do you really think the guy on the street corner with a sad tale is really selling you a Rolex for $20?

I just sent the creep an email, told him I lived in Ontario and would like to come by to take a look at the bike. Want to bet that it's actually overseas with a member of his family or some such?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

A while ago I asked a question about a Goldwing that was as good a buy as this appears. I got a proper reply sent via my email and about 100 follow ups and a nice email from Ebay letting me know that I should not buy the bike as it was a scam.

Andrew

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can get you an even better deal, how about a 2004 Goldwing Trike with trailer for $5200?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Honda-Gold-Wing-Trike-GL1800-Trailer-US-5200_W0QQitemZ4579506474QQcategoryZ50002QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Take a look at these type deals, notice that these guys have 0 feedback and also the "not a registered member". According to eBay that means they are not allowed to sell on eBay.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SearchHelp

Anyway it's a scam. Ya gotta pay a fair price to get a fair deal, there's no free lunch and that's that!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Well I win my bet, the bike's in Greece. What a surprise. Let's see, he's going to sell it to me for $5100 then ship it to the East Coast and truck it from there to the West Coast, around $1500 all from the goodness of his little black heart. I'm touched... or I would have to be to believe that. Here's the response from the guy:

Hello there and thanks for your interest in my Honda Gold Wing.

You must know that the bike is in excellent condition.It has never been down and it hasn't seen the rain.
This is a one owner bike and it has a clear title.

If you are interested in buying it the price is $5,100.00.
The bike will be shipped from Greece on my expense.It will be delivered directly to your home in no more than 10 days since the payment will be made.
The bike is still US registered so there will be no custom taxes to pay.

The transaction will be done through Ebay for our own protection.
Your funds will be 100% insured by Ebay and I will be sure that I will receive the payment.
You will have 15 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Ebay.They will get in touch with you right after with all the instructions to follow.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Don't worry, their will be another "deal" like that in a few hours, a day or two tops. Most definately not 8 months.

Look at the Mac G5 computers on ebay, at any one time there are 5-10 ones selling on highjacked accounts. Some poor saps are giving up their account information.....

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

That's what happens when you answer those emails that say

Urgent, you need to log in and verify your account information or we are going to deactivate your account....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I wonder why so many of these scams have 'Warm regards' at the bottom? I've noticed the same thing on several of the Nigerian scams. Kinda like the de riguer 'God Bless' on the cardboard signs of the street corner beggars.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

cause if you fall for them, the scammers will have very warm feelings towards you ...............

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

How do these creeps sleep at night? :X

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
How do these creeps sleep at night? :X
Probably a lot more comfortably than we do. I was reading an article on the web where a reporter was interviewing some of these scammers in a internet cafe, one of them told her that it was easy bringing in 10K a day. He said it was so easy getting some peopleto give up their money to make more money.:(

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hey Paul, I wrote him an email, after seeing your email response and asked if I could see the bike. I told him that I was on vacation in Greece but would be back home in the US in a few days. Here is his response:

The bike is in Toronto and if you want to buy it mail me your name and address and I will initiate the payment with eBay. I can not arrange for you to see it or pick it up because I am out of the country.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Interesting, he can't even keep his story straight. He told you it was in Toronto because you were too close and me he told it was in Greece.

I just sent him another email asking him why he told me the bike was in Greece and told a friend of mine who's vacationing in Greece that it's in Toronto where I live. Also asked him to let me know which one of us can see the thing.

It's probably now in Korea!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think he does have two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRILLIANT-2002-HONDA-GOLDWING-AT-ONLY-2-900-00-USD_W0QQitemZ4579639198QQcategoryZ50002QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2002-Honda-Gold-Wing_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50002QQitemZ4579339918QQrdZ1

It's downright amazin' these two bikes are twins and they are parked in front of identical houses, one in Canada and one in California. What a coincidence. This guy is missing a screw or two.

There sure are a large number of scam bikes on the Goldwing list right now.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

It's very possible that what these guys want more than anything else is your email address. Could be a phishing scheme. They get your email address and thensend tons of spam everywhere making the messages appear like they came from your computer. If they are halfway competent as hackers, they can also use the ip address on your email header to hack into your personal info, even using your computer to do their spamming for them. Do NOT send these guys email messages at all.

TDS

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

It's kinda funny that the same picture was used in this auction as the one in the very first post.

These guys must live in the same house. :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

No scam, read on down, he wants $4000 Buy it now. I am trying to bid it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.