Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking to purchase a 2000 1500SE and it has 61K on it. New to this and this will be my first GW. Just thought I would ask some experienced folks what your thoughts are!
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
imported post

Hello Raven . I ride my 94 daily and she has a tick over 182K miles . Still runs great .

At 11 yrs old I would do a full service of all fluids and give the drive line splines a new coating of HONDA PRO MOLY 60 Paste . You can find more info on that here on the forums . Of course if you have good service record history , you find this maint has been down on a regular basis . Also if not known , I would recommend replace the timing belts . Best of luck . If you need tips and have questions dont hesitate to check back with us .

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Raven you are just starting to break it in. Wings tend to run forever with regular maintenance.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

raven1300 wrote:
Looking to purchase a 2000 1500SE and it has 61K on it. New to this and this will be my first GW. Just thought I would ask some experienced folks what your thoughts are!
Thanks for the help.
Heaven's no, At 61K, It's barely broke in.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

raven1300 wrote:
Thanks for the help.
> 61k / 10yrs = only 6k miles per year... That's pretty normal for a commuter bike.

Frankly, I would not buy a bike that had Less miles than that, because the carbs would probably be gummed up due to sitting idle.

The milage itself, 61k, is nothing for that bike... Your next major service interval will be at 100k, so you've got about 40k miles of trouble free riding ahead, before you'll likely have to do a major overhaul.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks all, yes if this works out I will have service done. Don't know the seller and not sure about maint records so I would rather be safe than sorry.
Great forum and folks on it!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

My '98 has 63,000 on it and runs like a brand new one. Tight as a drum.

Unfortunately, that means that you only have 337,000 miles left in her, so ride her sweet :ROFL:

Lots of 1500s with over 300k, 400k, and one reported at 500k.

Somewhere, my memory cells seem to have heard of one at over 900k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.