1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
I agree that a magazine article is not always something you can count on. BUT with the price of the new Gold Wings nearing $30,000 a lot of people cannot afford them anymore with the price of everything so high. Slow sales might mean the end of the Gold Wing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I dunno. You can't but a new boat, snowmobile, jet ski, etc because they're all sold out. Last year, I bought the last 2021 red GW in at least a 100 mile radius of my house due to supply and demand. I think today's economic issues, including the supply chain is merely a hiccup in the scheme of things.

Our country, based on electric grid only, is nowhere near ready for even a 10% electric vehicle fleet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The GoldWing is one of the best candidates for electric. What other bike could have hundreds of pounds of batteries without a second thought?
Just what we need, go on a cross country trip until the batteries run down then stop for the night so the batteries can recharge. Instead of just gassing up and getting back on the road in a few minutes. Of course an electric Goldwing would probably cost over $100,000.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
If a Tesla can supercharge 200 miles in 15 minutes, I would bet an electric GW could probably do it 5.

If Harley can sell the current Live Wire @ $21,999 just think what Honda can do. Electric bikes are far simpler to build than ICE.

·
Registered
457 Posts
From another article I saw that came from Honda, they are not going to make the non touring bikes, the one without the top box. The touring model with the top box will still be made for the 2023 model year.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,920 Posts
Livewire has a range of about 120 miles. Then it takes about 8 hours to recharge, unl;ess you happen upon a proprietary DC charger then it's "45 minutes to 80% charge".

No thank you.

Reactions: Nitrowing

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
1,105 Posts
Livewire has a range of about 120 miles. Then it takes about 8 hours to recharge, unl;ess you happen upon a proprietary DC charger then it's "45 minutes to 80% charge".

No thank you.
At that rate I'd only get 75 miles pulling the Camper. There's roads around here where there's NOTHING at all but sagebrush for a hundred miles.....

·
Premium Member
20,581 Posts
I am still skeptical…….. I think I’ll wait for more confirmation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts