Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
That's very similar to the one I am pulling on my current ride. I am very happy with mine. Except for the ~6mpg difference in mileage, I can't tell it's behind me. I did replace bearings and buddies, tires, the pneumatic arms, completely replaced the wiring, put in all LED lights and painted it to match the bike. I think I originally paid ~$500 for mine, too.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Yes its worth it.Looks like a great deal at just $500.00 .I never thought i would pay $1500.00 for a motorcycle trailer ,but its worth it every time i use it.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Mine was in much worse shape and I paid $200 for it and then spent another $600 on getting it into great shape. I'd jump on this if you're able!!! It looks good.

·
Premium Member
93 Honda Aspencade, 112,000 + miles
162 Posts
If I was in the market for a trailer I would say it's a deal. I have a much older version, top lifts from the rear, and all I have ever done to it was change tires and repack wheel bearings. Add a cooler rack and a spare tire and you are ready to go. Mine really pulls easy and the individual wheel suspension handles the rough roads just fine.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have the same trailer and age (cyclemate 20 cubic foot).

Make sure an check the stub axles for wear / being loose.

The stub axles are bad for the rubber and plastic wearing out and the stubs working their way out plus the alignment changes making the tires wear faster.

I replaced mine with a straight torsion axle for about $300.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
i have this trailer, i paid 800, mine has a front cooler rack

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
YES!
...jump on it before someone else does.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. My brother got it for $450. It is in very good shape. I think he got a great deal! He is getting the Markland hitch for his GL1200.

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
I don't think you went wrong, I've got a Cyclemate CM-2000 and have pulled it at least 20,000 miles with no issues! Your brother did well!

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
RACERX. . . I hope you don't think we're TOOOO friendly.;)
We like our fellow Wing'rs.
:waving:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.