Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Is the Wing broke??:shock:

Sounds like a good deal..............................................if you owned a Harley!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
Is the Wing broke??:shock:

Sounds like a good deal..............................................if you owned a Harley!:cheeky1:
nope , the wing is running great. i picked this up so when your 70 breaks in half from all your weight, i can load it up and give ya a ride home:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Spent way to much........I'll just throw it over my shoulder and carry it home!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Thanks for the thought though!!

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Does it have any suspension? Can't tell from the pic. Anyway it looks like a great deal to me.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Not bad for a home made bike hauler! What's the bed length and width? Is it wide enough to handle a trike?

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

$200. THAT IS WAY TOO EXCELLENT. Good for other folks' bikes. If you break down somewhere.... :?

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

creekwalker wrote:
Whiskerfish wrote:
Does it have any suspension? Can't tell from the pic. Anyway it looks like a great deal to me.
rigid frame:crying:. no suspension.
For what you put into it, you could possible replace the axle with a true trailer axle and springs, available at Northern tools. The only problem would be the wheel centers, most axles are made for either 4 or 5' centers.
You could maybe just add some springs.
But for emergency breakdowns it's just the ticket so long as you can ride the bike up a ramp.
Like this one I built

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Hey, Tricky, it looks like you used the same wheel chock I used on my trailer from Harbor Freight. Tractor Supply carries some good axles and other trailer parts too.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

to bad I did'nt know anyone need springs, hangers, and Ubolts for them. I just hauled three pair to the scrap yard. Had them for four years and never found any one that could have used them. sorry guys I would have given them to ya:X

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

tricky wrote:
creekwalker wrote:
Whiskerfish wrote:
rigid frame:crying:. no suspension.
For what you put into it, you could possible replace the axle with a true trailer axle and springs, available at Northern tools. The only problem would be the wheel centers, most axles are made for either 4 or 5' centers.
You could maybe just add some springs.
But for emergency breakdowns it's just the ticket so long as you can ride the bike up a ramp.
Like this one I built
the c - channel for the tires actually un bolts at the front and then it will tilt to allow you to ride or push(for harleys) up on it.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Hey creekwalker, I got a set of springs that came off a trailer.Just may not be worth the shipping.You can have em though if ya want em. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Looks a little big to pull behind a MC. Mine is a whole lot smaller and cost much more, ha.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I think it's a great deal! :)

The only downsideI seeis that the wheels look to be too far to the rear.Too much weight from the motorcycle will be on the toungue.

If you arepulling behind afullsize pick up, it shouldn't be aproblem, but if you are pulling behind something small, it may put too much weight on the rear of the tow vehicle.

I don't do a lot of towing, but I am soon to be selling my pick up truck, and I am going to replace it with a utility trailer behind my car. I don't get enough use out of my truck to justify the extra expense anymore. So it would be very important to me to make sure that the trailer was well balanced if I were going to try to pull it behind my car.

I'm sure that people here with more towing experience can comment further.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I think it's a great deal! :)

The only downsideI seeis that the wheels look to be too far to the rear.Alarger than normal portion of theweight of the motor will be on the toungue.

If you arepulling behind afullsize pick up, it shouldn't be aproblem, but if you are pulling behind something small, it may put too much weight on the rear of the tow vehicle.

I don't do a lot of towing, but I am soon to be selling my pick up truck, and I am going to replace it with a utility trailer behind my car. I don't get enough use out of my truck to justify the extra expense anymore. So it would be very important to me to make sure that the trailer was well balanced if I were going to try to pull it behind my car.

I'm sure that people here with more towing experience can comment further.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.