Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Pretty good looking resto.He's probably got a lot more than that into it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Its a pretty looking bike. Looks like it was well cared for in the picture.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
It's hard to tell from the information in the ad. As others have stated, it's looks good and well-kept. I would inquire about the maintenance history (timing belts, carbs, brakes, etc.). If the aforementioned items were satisfactory, I'd pay $2000.00 for it (but I'm a bit of a cheapskate).

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I would not care in any way about the maintenance history. I'd plan to flush fluids and replace timing belts without thinking about it. If it's really a cherry 77, that's all a moot point to me.

I have driven many miles to see bikes that take pretty photos, but are really dogs in person. :(

If it looks excellent, if the plastics are all nice and black, etc, etc, I'd offer $2,200 and be ready for a counter and be driving away with a bike on the back of my trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
That's gotta be the lamest craiglist ad I've ever seen. The only thing going for it is it has a picture and a phone number... and looks can be decieving. There's no way to know anything about that bike 'til you go look at it, which may be why the ad is the way it is... JMO.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
I have driven many miles to see bikes that take pretty photos, but are really dogs in person. :(
Thats why my first wing was called BarGoyle. Kinda like the girls in the bar that are pretty from the far side of the room, but...;)

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
If it is mechanically any where as clean as it appears and it is what you want, it would be worth it. But the information is lacking so you will need to ask some questions. If it works out for you, enjoy and ride safe!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks for the replies, I thought about it and my biggest problem would be no place to put it...my 2 car garage is full, 3 bikes and cherry 94 f150 swb (red of course)...

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're a collector it's worth it. If you want to buy it and ride, look for a bike that you can ride and maintain. I restore old Mustangs and the same is applicable there, it depends what you are going to do with it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
If it's as good as it looks in the picture I wish it was near here, I'd go for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.